Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings
Just for today, I will be happy and accepting
Just for today, I will accept the process of life
Just for today, I will be kind and loving to my neighbor and every living thing
Just for today I will do my work wisely and do my best
Before or after every Reiki session I have with a client, I recite these Reiki principles by Dr. Mikao Usui, founder of the spiritual practice known as Reiki.
These principles are guidelines that we can live by to promote healthy living.
I find my self- reciting these principles a couple of times a day. I like to add a few more of my own that I feel I may need, for example, just for today I will have motivation.
We have a significant amount of time now to do things that we may have dreamt about doing, but yet there can be a struggle to get things done. Trying not to get wrapped up in fear of what the upcoming weeks maybe is not as easy to do.
I believe that routine inspires motivation, and creating a plan will encourage creativity to emerge. Focusing on self-care is significant to be available for others in your life.
Think about your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual self when you design your plan.
Below are some ideas of how you can begin your self-care plan.
- Be kind to your body, shower, brush your teeth, and get dressed.
- Nourish your body with healthy, energizing food and drink water.
- Choose an exercise you enjoy to replenish your energy.
- Seek out connection instead of texting call a loved one, or if you need support, reach out to a counselor or close friend.
- Shift negative thoughts about yourself to positive ones.
- Journal about your feelings and thoughts.
- Take a walk in nature.
- Pray or reflect on your blessings.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Learn a new skill or a new hobby.
- Read a book that you find exciting.
- Sign up for an online class or workshop that is interesting to you.
The idea is to renew and restore by practicing self-care continually. Just for today, I will renew and restore myself by practicing my self-care plan.