1. Your biggest mistakes will occur when you try to second-guess or please the audience.
2. Don’t feel the need to have somebody else qualify your work in any particular way.
3. Be a tasteful thief. The only art one should ever study is stuff that you can steal from!
4. Your work can serve as both the doorway of perception and the house that you live in.
5. You are only the person the greatest number of people believe you are.
6. People are much more important than ideas.
7. Trust nothing but your own experience.
8. The truth is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time.
9. Thrive on mistakes. If you haven’t made three good mistakes in a week, then you’re not worth anything. You only learn from mistakes.
10. Once you lose that sense of wonder at being alive, you’re pretty much on the way out.
11. Aging shouldn’t faze you at all … it’s the death part that’s really a drag.
12. Make the best of every moment. We’re not evolving. We’re not going anywhere.
13. Don’t climb out of your fantasies when you go up onstage. Take them onstage with you.
14. Sing, because nobody else will sing your song.
15. It’s all artifice …