I just personally keep reminding myself that there will be better days ahead we will get through it, it may take some time, but I know we will eventually be ok, and by that, time be even more grateful for everything we may have taken for granted prior to this.
As a part of my series about the things we can do to remain hopeful and support each other during anxious times, I had the pleasure of interviewing Tiffany Narbonne, Founder and Designer of the inspirational jewelry brand T. Jazelle
T. Jazelle was created upon the vision of a young entrepreneur that had a love for fashion and a passion for creating. Tiffany, the Founder and Creative Designer behind T. Jazelle has always had a strong love for creating jewelry for others, with each piece always having its own unique meaning for the wearer.
The core idea of TJ began when Tiffany was making gemstone bracelets for friends and family, pairing a concept of meaningful semi-precious stones with inspirational charms. After graduating college, Tiffany took on what she thought would be her dream job in the Corporate World. Shortly after she realized “her passion for creating inspirational gifts” was what truly made her happy day to day. With the strong belief, love and support from her family and friends, this free spirited & driven girl took a leap of faith putting the Corporate world behind her and making this TJ dream a reality!
T. Jazelle would soon become a nationally carried lifestyle brand. Tiffany takes pride in each piece that she creates, along with the connection it brings to those who wear them. Tiffany has an artistic eye for the balance of unique colors with styles and fashion and she believes that most women better define themselves of who they are and how they feel by the way certain styles and accessories appeal to them.
T. Jazelle is handcrafted on Cape Cod, Ma in an original barn from the 1800’s with a rustic feel and bohemian vibe. Each piece of her work is designed by Tiffany beginning with the selection of precious stones then matching them with an array of charms to create a beautiful and stylish design that has a special and precious meaning to those that wear it.
Thank you so much for doing this with us! Our readers would love to “get to know you” a bit better. Can you share with us the backstory about what brought you to your specific career path?
Myname is Tiffany Narbonne, I am the Founder and Designer of the inspirational jewelry brand T. Jazelle. After graduating from college, I began to work in the Corporate world and while there, I realized my heart and soul was to create. I have always had a strong passion for gemstones and the qualities & meaning they hold. I began making jewelry and it quickly became an outlet — it was so much more than a hobby, I felt this is WHAT I am supposed to do; I found my passion! I started pairing gemstones that were meaningful to me with charms that also had an inspirational meaning; pairing them together to give each piece a dual meaning behind it. I then made a Facebook and Etsy account, and shortly after, a jewelry store approached me about carrying our brand. With hard work, passion and believing in what I was creating, T. Jazelle evolved. Fast forward years later, we are a meaningful nationally carried brand with the best dream team based in Cape Cod, MA! Our bracelets are created for one to wear their story ❤
Is there a particular book that made a significant impact on you? Can you share a story or explain why it resonated with you so much?
One of my latest favorites is Little Fires Everywhere. I feel it really shows to not judge a book by its cover because you truly never know what someone may be going through — always be kind.
From your perspective can you help our readers to see the “Light at the End of the Tunnel”? Can you share your “5 Reasons To Be Hopeful During this Corona Crisis”? If you can, please share a story or example for each.
- We truly are all in this together. Knowing that not just myself is going through this hard time, and having time to really be able to be there for each other focusing on more time to be able to talk to the ones we love; that maybe before this, that wasn’t always as easy. Being grateful for our loved ones and knowing that better days will be ahead.
- Every day is a new day, I feel so grateful to have my health and try to take advantage of this time at home whether it’s going for a walk outside, reading a book or just one of my favorites, spending time with my sweet pup.
- Seeing communities come together more than ever. Being a small business, it has been truly amazing seeing all the love and others sharing love for our brand and their local companies. Promoting one another during this time is more helpful than ever!
- I just personally keep reminding myself that there will be better days ahead we will get through it, it may take some time, but I know we will eventually be ok, and by that, time be even more grateful for everything we may have taken for granted prior to this.
- Knowing my grandparents have gone through very hard things when they were younger and knowing they got through those times and made them even stronger! I know we as a country will get through!
From your experience or research, what are five steps that each of us can take to effectively offer support to those around us who are feeling anxious? Can you explain?
I, personally, am someone who has battled anxiety since I was younger. As I have gotten older and life happens, it has gotten a bit more difficult, but I have also been able to work through it and get myself to a better mindset!
some things that I do that helps when I feel anxious are :
- When I find my head getting to that place, I try to put my mind somewhere happy, which, for me is thinking of memories with family and also thinking about the ocean, I just put myself in a mindset where I really try to focus on things that do make me happy.
- I have really found when I get outside and go for a good walk, like about 20–30 minutes, I can feel a huge difference in my mind and soul. I believe that really helps — something active you can do for yourself.
- Put on a good song or music station, music helps me. Also focusing on the words, breathing and getting my mind out whatever it may be that is making me feel anxious
- Journal, writing your feelings out I feel is a way to let things GO, I write things down or put them in my phone, depending on where I am but being able to get it out whatever might be bothering you.
- Taking a step back and really think about the big picture, focusing on all the GOOD in your life!
What are the best resources you would suggest to a person who is feeling anxious?
Getting outdoors, working out, bike rides or yoga, something active has helped me more than ever!
Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Do you have a story about how that was relevant in your life?
“You are not your thoughts.” Someone said this to me a couple years ago and it stuck with me. Being anxious does not define you! When you feel those ways or have some anxious thoughts reminding yourself that you will get through and this too shall pass, you are so much more than those thoughts and being able to focus on the good! It’s ok to have hard days we all do and knowing your never in it alone and each day is a new beginning.
You are a person of great influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. 🙂
I think having people share more things that truly make them happ. As an entrepreneur, my goal is truly to make people feel good and bring a smile to their face through T. Jazelle’s jewelry whether they got that bracelet from a loved one, for their guardian angel, for guidance or just to wear their story on their wrist. I feel if people shared more things that made them happy, it would allow others to focus on all the good in their lives which can outweigh the hard times!
What is the best way our readers can follow you online?
through our social media @tjazelle on instagram on facebook, we strive to give a platform to spread positivity and good vibes! Also our website www.tjazelle.com