If you are thinking of building your own house in Markham or if you have a project to build apartments in Markham, surely you have many things on your mind. From the location of the land and the design of the construction plans, to the workmanship and functional design of the property. All these details are very important and planning them is sure to be very exciting. But before starting your project you have to complete the most important step of all: obtain a building permit.
If you are not sure how to achieve it, do not worry. At Acadia drafting we tell you everything you have to do.
Where do you have to go?
The building permit Markham must be done in the Municipality of Markham through its website the first thing you should do is create an account to access various services, which, among others, are:
- Approval of plans
- Construction registration (permit)
- Final inspection
How to register on the website?
The website of the municipality recommends using the browser so that the procedure can be carried out optimally. First you must go to the page of the Municipality of Markham, go to online services, option my account and register. There they will ask you for some information and after filling them you accept the terms and save the request.
The system will send you a provisional password to the email you registered and they will ask you to change the password in order to use the online procedure.
How to get the building permit?
Building permit Oakville, The process to obtain the construction permit is called “Construction Registration” and you can access it through online services. These are the steps you must follow:
- Click on the icon Online Services
- The system will present you with various options and queries. Select the ones you want to do. In this case, it would be the “Procedures” menu, then the “Building Procedures” option and finally the “Construction Registration” option.
- Here you must put your previously created username and password.
- You attach the documents that they request.
What documents do you need?
Before entering the Construction Registration application, you must bear in mind the requirements according to the type of building such as the construction area in square meters and when you plan to start and finish the work. They will also ask you for some documents, the main ones being:
- Citizenship card and voting certificate of the owner, technical manager and designer. If the applicant is a foreigner, you must have a valid passport.
- Construction registration request signed by the owner and the technical manager.
- Technical and administrative services fee.
- In case the applicant is not the owner of the building, you will need to have a letter of authorization and a notarized power of attorney provided by the owner.
- In the event that the applicant is not the owner of the land, he or she will need a letter of authorization for construction on someone else’s land or a lease in the case of municipal land.
- Three copies of architectural plans at 1:50, 1: 100, 1: 200 scale with the forms of the owners, designer and technical manager with their professional stamp.
Also, you should keep in mind that the required documents will vary depending on the type of building. For example, if the building has three floors or more, if it is up to 60 meters or if it is larger.