How do you know when it’s time to let go?
✨ of that job you’re not happy in…
✨ of that relationship that’s not right…
✨ of those fears and doubts that have been holding you back…
I see so many people stay stuck. Stuck in a job they hate, stuck in a relationship that’s run its course, or plain stuck doing nothing out of fear, and all because we feel like we “have to” and tell ourselves that “this is just the way it is, this is life”.
We tell ourselves things like…
- No one really likes their job, so it’s normal that I’m unhappy here. I just need the money so I’ll suck it up and stay even though I feel dead inside and riddled with anxiety over this job.
- No one’s relationship is perfect. It’s okay, I can manage this, and I don’t want to be alone – what if I never find another partner? I should just stay. This relationship is good enough, right?
- I have time. I’ll start working on my big goal after I have “x” amount of money, or once I have more time, or….or….or…..
This is your mind rationalizing. This is your voice of doubt manipulating you into settling, and it’s clearly working. The harsh truth? You’re letting it win this battle.
So how do you really know when it’s time to let go? You listen.
Listen to all the uncomfortable stuff you normally try to avoid. Your thoughts, your fears, all of the dark places you ignore and distract yourself from day to day. It’s your intuition and your inner leader screaming at you to pay attention.
An even easier way to know?
Listen to your body. When you feel terrible, it’s telling you something.
- Heart racing with anxiety and dread on your way to work each day?
- Pit in your stomach each time you’re partner is coming home from work?
- Always tired, sleeping awful and getting sick often?
I’ve experienced all of these at one time or another and it wasnt until I LET GO of certain things or people that it faded away. Some of it took radical, super scary action that I had to push through. But you know what?
I’m no longer overcome with stress and anxiety about my job.
I’m not consumed with dread over trying to force things and keep a dead relationship alive.
I’m the healthiest and most rested I’ve ever been, I cant remember the last time I was sick.
How long are you willing to keep torturing yourself and what’s it going to take for you to do something about it?
If you’re ready to ask for help and take some serious ownership back over your own life, I am here for you, and you can do this!
Many times we try to do this work alone, and our voice of doubt manipulates us into delaying, procrastinating, or playing small. If you’re serious, it may be time to hire a professional coach to help you through this huge transformation that lies ahead for you.