Having space where you can reflect on your earthly desires and center yourself is a powerful way to keep yourself balanced. Your peaceful spot nurtures the mind, body, and soul. Here, you are free to do and think whatever you want. Whatever is missing in your life, you can find it in the space you create for yourself. We all need a safe place where we can allow ourselves to stop completely and be mindful of our lives.
You may find your spot in your home, especially during cold months. There is likely a space you feel most comfortable in, so it won’t be too difficult to choose your space. Feng Shui suggests you remove clutter from the space you choose and add things that bring you peace.
“At Reno Quotes, decluttering is a common (yet top-rated) technique in every sort of home redesign to maximize the available space,” told Amanda Harvey, content creator.
Creating a space where all the senses are nurtured could include gentle music or incense sticks of your choice.
- The space should be darker without too much light filtering in.
- Add some gentle lighting with candles.
- Add a deity like a Buddha or Ganesh (the god of removing obstacles).
- You may want to periodically cleanse this space with white sage.
- Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst and Agate stones should be present whether as gemstone jewelry or raw gemstones. These can add power and grounding energy to your contemplative spot.
- Possessing a convenient place to sit or sleep back could include some floor cushions.
If you find a peaceful spot in nature, wear some gemstone jewelry with the same gemstones you would place around your space at home. A clear quartz bracelet, or necklace; for example!
Once your peaceful spot is created, you are free to contemplate anytime, and in any manner, you want to. You can meditate as you sit in the tranquil space you have created for yourself. The more time you spend in this spot, the more comfortable and nurturing it will become. When you enter the space, imagine that a circle of protection and tranquility surrounds you.
- Tune out the outer world and look within.
- Focus on your breathing, bring in the cool energy of the earth, and breathe out the hot negative air.
- Look to find acceptance for yourself and other people around you.
- Ponder such thoughts as what you’ve learned today and what you’d choose to change.
- Commit to making your tomorrow better by what you’ve learned in this space.
By finding your sacred spot, you build a deep and meaningful relationship with yourself. You make a spot where you can feel safe to be vulnerable. You can even think about your space when you’re in the middle of a stressful situation. See yourself sitting in a peaceful spot and how you feel when you’re there. This space is always waiting for you and will heal, protect, and center you.
One of the biggest secrets to a happy life is to be in the moment you are in. What happened yesterday doesn’t exist in your present moment. If you’re thinking of yesterday’s moment and what you “could have” done, you’re not doing what you can do at this moment. The past moments whether good or bad, can’t touch you unless you let them. The future doesn’t need to be thought of because it’s unknown. It’s only now that you can be grateful, generous, happy, and reactive.