Your Complete Reflective Guide to Planning 2019
I love the term “Trailblazer”. I’ve been using it since I’ve started to coach professionally. This is the term that I find describes my clients so well. Even if they come in not feeling the energy or like they are not blazing the trails they know in their hearts that they can. They often leave surprising themselves by how much more empowered they are with what they’ve accomplished during their coaching engagement.
For me, I get pure joy from witnessing their transformations. No lie, it really is pure joy… like seeing caterpillars transform into butterflies .
- True to their heart. Being real and authentic is very dear to them.
- Brave and willing to stand out and be different.
- Passionate about their gifts and what they can bring to the world.
They don’t just talk it, during coaching they walk it. They commit to actions and take them and they see for themselves the shifts in their own perception, their blocks fall away, as their path becomes clear, and their steps easier to take.
It’s for this reason that I came up with this gift for all of you trailblazers and budding trailblazers. Those in the Six Months of Yes Community, those who were clients, and those who read my updates and posts for inspirational booster shots.
Wherever you are along the path of your life, I want you to know that anyone can become a trailblazer of their own life, and this means you too! So here are the steps.
Steps to a Trailblazing 2019:
1. Know where you are .. can you see the forest for the trees?
If you are too close focusing on the minute details, you may be missing out on the broader perspective. Are you willing to step back a bit and take a broader view? This is your first step: gain some perspective.
2. Align yourself with your heart .. what is it that you most deeply desire, a true calling from deep within?
Do you feel a tug from within, an innate knowing that something is missing or not quite right? If you are don’t ignore it. As you step back to take the broader view, allow yourself to connect with what it is that might be feeling off. Stay with it awhile, it may be a clue to understanding the direction that you must take your trails in, in 2019.
3. Chart your course .. create your intention.
Now that you have more clarity on what you want to create, what intention would you like to make to yourself about this? What would achieving this mean to you? What would it feel like when you’ve done it? Use these to make your intention statement.
4. Set your compass .. what would keep you on the path when tempted to stray?
How would you make this more than just an exercise you did? How would you keep this alive for you? What works for me, might not be the same for you but here are some suggestions:
- Write down your intention and keep it somewhere visible where you can see it often. If words don’t do it for you, you can make a vision board to depict it visually.
- Share your intention with a friend who can be your accountability buddy. A go to person that would help you get back on the path when you stray or tempted to.
5. Go! Take the first step and then the next and the next.
Break down your plan into bite size action steps. Things that you can actually do. If you skip this step you may end up procrastinating or feeling overwhelmed. Don’t despair, ask yourself, “if I need to accomplish –fill in the blank with whatever my goal or intention is–, what would have to happen before I get there?” Repeat this several times, drilling down until you get to the first actionable step. Thinking and visualizing are great, but action is what makes it real.
And of course, download Your LifePath’s free 2019 Planning Guide to take you through these steps. It’s my gift to you for the holidays!!
Be a Trailblazer!!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from my heart to yours
Emily is a Certified Professional Coach, learn more about Emily here.
Want to work with Emily? Book her free Experience Coaching session here.