HOW TO BE A GREAT MOTHER AND HAVE A GREAT CAREER
Mothers are one of the
important part of every child life, their love and nature is what keeps their
children happy and progressive. Having a great mother often add a great joy
into every child life but does this means you will have to drop your life career
to be with your children every time they need you? No right.
Over the years have seen people wonder if they
can be able to attain success if they give themselves the chance to be a mother
now, well I bring it to you that you can still be a great mother and as well
have a success career. How do you combine this two together and still find joy
in both? Here are ways you can manage the two:
- Ask your kids how they feel and let that be your compass: Knowing your kid’s feelings about everything you do, ask them how they are doing, if they are pleased and happy don’t be caught up in what you are suppose to do. Be ready to listen to your kids and know and when to do the necessary things for them and their happiness.
- Stop comparing yourself to other moms: Comparing is not a good game never compare the love and happiness you give to your kids with other mother. You can’t compare your schedule to other mother who can visit their kids three time a week to you who can only spare once a week for them. Understand that the love you shower then in that little period you spend with them is all that matters.
- Treat important family events like client meetings: When there is an important event going on in your home, try as much as possible to give all the necessary attention to that event, be fully available, don’t attend to work when it is time for the family, differentiate the period for home and office and of course deal with the event like you treat your client.
- Look beyond one day or one week: Don’t be hard on yourself or the children because of a hectic 24 hours or seven days. Give yourself time, know that this period will pass. Look at the schedules and time with family over the course of a much broader time horizon.
- Let your kids in on your decisions: Allow your kids in your decision making, talk to the them about the project you have upfront, give them chances to say what they feel when you all discuss this they will understand even if you don’t have time for them during that period.
- Find the right partner: Finding the right partner is very important when trying to be success in your motherhood and career wise, when you have someone who understand you and your career they will do everything to fill your space in your child life even when you are not available. I came about the story of Gina Loudon who is a known successful media personality, she was able to gain success in her career as well as her motherhood, she along with her husband work together in making the life of their five kid worth living, there was a time her first child Lyda was the center of discussion when she started dating a 57 years old man, although her parent were not please with it but they still support their daughter and Gina even release over 2000 words to support her daughter. In regardless of how she has attained success in her career she has also manage to become a great mother.