This can be a period of panic, fear and overwhelm or we can choose to see it for what it is, a blessing in disguise, an opportunity to truly appreciate and achieve what we are here to do.
This can be a time of transformation or a time-waster.
You can choose to meditate, learn and study things you don’t understand or, you can engage in meaningless conversations, hate on the billionaires and celebrities and spoil your energy with junk food.
Either way, this is happening.
You are here.
Nowhere to go but inward.
This is what I tell myself every time I open Instagram and see silly memes about how unfair this situation is.
From my standpoint, there’s no unfairness.
Some are aware and others keep playing as if we had no power.
Our power is in our focus. What we choose to believe and engage in.
What we read, eat, watch and crave.
All our energy is in our attention.
Real self-love and self-care are facing the truth not engaging in self-indulgent behaviour to mask the fact that we are feeling disconnected from our True self.
Drinking wine, eating chocolate, sleeping more, not taking action, binging on Netflix…it’s all good in a moderate dose. However, what if this was a test?
What if, here I’m just thinking out loud, this was what we have all been secretly praying for?
A new chance, a fresh start, a brand new episode of the history of humanity, a possibility, a window to explore, a wide-open door to the fact that we are far more powerful than we have been taught we are.
“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretence. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true.”Adyashanti
To start with, observe your surroundings, who is around you? Who are they really? What is the dynamic you have with them? How do you feel around them? What are the triggers? Are you reacting more than usual? What are your emotions asking from you? How are you really feeling?
Nothing is random. As much as I thought I was stuck I have realized I had more work to do and if I really wanted to be free I had to hold the hand of that inner kid that reacts and take her with me to the other side.
This lockdown has tested my boundaries, my commitment, my communication, my self-worth, my desires, my vision, my perception, my courage, and my passion.
What have I learned?
- That it’s time to step into our thrones.
- Whatever you feel it’s right, feel it and let it go.
- If you really want something you will find and make the way.
- Ego is a lie and a little story.
- You are not your thoughts.
- Your shadow is your teacher. Love it the same way you love your light.
- The only truth is that I’m not here to stay so why even loose my energy playing a game that is not real?
And then the sun rises, I wake up to one more day, enjoy my meditation, work in my projects, walk in the park, bond with my nephew, listen to my sister and listen to my inner voice.
Now I see.
Now I know.
It’s a feeling, an inner knowing, faith that my actions aligned will bring to reality what I see.
Worth it? Yes.
Tested? Every day.
Timing is everything.
Keep doing the work and getting out of your comfort zone.
If you really look you will see that you are where you need to be and you are more than capable of doing what you want.
You are Royal. You can do. Any. Thing.
“We are travellers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, and share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.”Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
How to keep your sanity intact these days?
- Have a routine and stick to it as much as possible.
- Be kind to yourself first and set your boundaries.
- Start meditating if you haven’t, there are apps like Calm and Headspace which can help you to start with and some YouTube channels like Rising Higher Meditation and Kenneth Soares which have some of my favourite meditations.
- Have a meal prep and workout routine in place, if you don’t know how either learn or ask for help to your favourite fitness influencer, really, now it’s the time to take action not let go and loose focus.
- Sleep and have a regular schedule for it. If you can’t stick to it 100% that’s ok as long as you have at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink water.
- Walk in the park if you can, get some sun in the morning and if possible practice earthing (walking barefoot for at least 15 minutes daily).
- Be curious about what’s happening, dig, read, explore, investigate, however, there’s a massive divide in the Universe right now and the content we consume it’s affecting more than ever our behaviour, moods, energy, perspective, perception and responses. Be mindful of that. Again, it’s your choice 😉
- Start that project, launch that business, open that book, call that someone, reach out to people you admire, break down the walls in your heart, now it’s the time! Now it’s all we ever had.
If you have any other tips to thrive in these days it would be awesome to read them 😉