Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. Leadership, as we all know, is the art of motivating, influencing and directing people to work together and achieve the goals of the team. To improve the current global issues, it is essential for students to gain leadership qualities as it is the young generation who is the future of this world and who hold the potential to change it.
There are various benefits that students earn through leadership skills. Some of them are:
- Leadership qualities inspire students to learn and apply career development skills.
- Using those skills, students can optimize execution, entertainment, habits, learning, and use of time. By doing this, they become more productive and focused to achieve their goals.
- Leadership enhances time management skills. Time management helps to decide when to work on a particular task, how much time is required to complete the task and also not to waste time due to unimportant things.
- Leadership develops awareness skills. Awareness help students to be aware of their rights and duties. They get to learn about the world, think about their dreams and goals, and be confident.
- Leadership helps students to develop social skills. Almost all leaders are top quality communicators. They choose top quality methods to communicate about their goals and solutions with society. The social skills will help students to connect with other people, which will help them in their respective careers.
In today’s world, with the presence of top international schools like IB schools in Mumbai, students get the unique opportunity of learning leadership qualities during their schooling years. Leadership is one such opportunity for students to participate and prove their skills as the better leaders, who can bring a change for creating a better world.
Mount Litera School International (MLSI), one of the best international school in Mumbai, has defined the learning environment as not only the physical campus but the emotional culture and climate as well. Their staff, administration, teachers, parents, and students are all in the process of acquiring new skills and knowledge every day.
They work hard to nurture a learning environment in which all members of the school feel secure in asking questions, taking risks, and exploring new alternatives.
MLSI’s learning process is dynamic. Teachers there balance a traditional approach to skill and knowledge acquisition with an inquiry-based model that recognizes the significance of students constructing knowledge and learning by doing.
MLSI takes its role seriously in providing proper parent education and encourages all parents to work within a collaborative and positive framework.
Moreover, they focus on the holistic development of children, and that’s why they engage their students in various extra-curricular activities like pottery, robotics, table-tennis, digital arts, aerial silk, kathak, badminton, among many more along with academics.
These qualities play an important role in developing leadership skills in students, which would later help them to play their part in bringing positive change to the world. Lastly, students need to be prepared and must learn and possess strong leadership skills as leaders are made; they are not born.