Yesterday I had a wonderful chit-chat with an American friend Angelina and she told me a great joke that contains so much more wisdom than we could think.
So it is the story of a man who goes to see his doctor and complains about having pain all over his body and that where ever he touches his body, he feels excruciating pain… He is begging the doctor to help him.
The doctor does the check up and tells him.
Sir, you feel pain all over your body, because your finger is broken. There is nothing wrong with you, just a broken finger…
So nuggets of wisdom from this story :
1 . You cannot heal if you don’t understand the real root cause of your pain
2. You can try to numb the pain but until you find the root cause, there is no peace for you
3. If you focus on your pain, you feel just feel more pain
4. If you focus on your pain, you will forget about all that goes well in your life
5. Pain is the biggest thief and will deprive you of the Now
6. Responsibility is the key. We have free will and this is the most amazing gift Universe gave us. We can direct and focus our intentions and our energy. So please remember that we might point the finger of blame & pain at this one or at this situation because pain always wants someone else to blame but always remember that the real problem is the pointed broken finger.
So take time to step back, to feel it and to ask for help.
Don’t let one broken finger ruin your life and steal away all that is good in your life…I am especially talking about emotional pain. We tend to be keen to ask for help when it is physical pain but it is not the case when we talk about emotional pain. But it is should be the same…Go the root, check where those limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging patterns come from. Dig deeper and free yourself from the “broken finger” tyranny. Do let me know your thoughts on this post. Best way to reach me is on IG @theinnerchilddoula.
Blessings of joy
N’Deye The Inner Child Doula
N’deye Fana Gueye is a story-teller and a blogger and the Author and Illustrator of forthcoming children’s book ”It’s cool to have a smart heart” which provides parents with tools to empower their precious kids and increase their emotional and social literacy. She is also a mentor and holistic therapist known as the Inner Child Doula and helps people reconnecting with their inner child through Inner Child Rebirthing Sessions. She is a Reiki-master and teaches mindfulness. She is a Change Catalyst and a Shadow work Evangelist and the Car Cluster Therapy™ is a tool she has created to help people understand the different aspects of their personality and take the driver’s seat. For her, people don’t need to be saved or rescued. People need to acknowledge their own power and to access it. Click here to find more.