People’s busy lives have led them to go for foods that are not high in nutritional content. More and more people choose to rely on fast food that is both tasty and readily available. Studies reveal that junk food harms people’s health, and staying away from it is a better option if you want to become healthy. Healthy eating habits are imperative for living a disease-free life. Hence, health education has become the need of the hour. People should understand the importance of developing healthy food habits for a better future.
Components of the modern diet, by Mike Gianulis
- The modern diet means junk food that is empty of any nutritional value. All they have to offer is a host of calories. They lack all of the essential micronutrients such as vitamins, proteins, minerals, etc. Hence, they are considered unhealthy and termed junk foods.
- According to Mike Giannulis, junk food contains white flour, Tran’s fats, food additives, and polyunsaturated fats. However, as it is readily available, it might lead to increase demand among the masses. For increasing shelf life, food additives and colors may be needed to make it look more attractive.
- Fast foods are a source of various diseases such as diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, cardiology issues, etc. The fact that they are cheap is also a principal reason for their increasing popularity.
Concept of human health
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. It is not so much about the absence of diseases, but it is more about a state of bliss. There is an intricate relation between heath and the diet that you follow. A healthy diet is just about all that is needed to stay active and healthy. Personal hygiene, a balanced diet, and regular exercise are also essential to staying fit.
- Being aware of diseases and their effects on body functions, control of vectors, and vaccination are essential elements to maintain good health. It will also help if you meet your doctor regularly to discuss your health-related issues. Try to get information about different ailments from them.
- Stay away from alcohol and smoking. There can have detrimental health effects. Try to develop healthy life habits to foster your immune system. They will help guard you against various diseases. By doing regular exercise and yoga, you can calm both your mind and body.
- Under-nutrition and over-nutrition both can lead to diseases. Keep in mind that your food intake is adequate so you meet nutritional requirements. Include more green leafy vegetables, fruits, and legumes in your diet. They are a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Cut down on your fat intake and carbohydrates. Also, try to stay away from red meat, which may cause multiple diseases.
- Health depends directly on your mental state. Try to develop an optimistic attitude towards life. Negative thoughts may cause hurdles to your healthy living.
Here it can be stated that both the modern diet and human health are intricately linked. Everyone has to work towards developing a balanced diet for themselves and eating unhealthily has led to multiple diseases among kids. Therefore, if you teach healthy habits, then you yourself as well as others will have a brighter future.