The holistic living is where we live a balanced life – A balance of mind, body, and soul.
A way of living where you feel happy and content. A life of sharing and caring. Of gratitude and compassion. Of just being.
In this universe, many people shy away from living or discussing holistic living because they are unsure of what it means.
We all understand that our minds, body, and soul are interconnected right? So if we have a physical ailment it affects us on an emotional level too.
Bach flower practitioner, taught that we have to ‘peel the onion’ so we can understand what the real cause of any issue is.
For example, Depression is often felt in the body in the way of aches and pains but is more predominant in the mind. So if someone comes with a particular ache, we peel the onion to understand where this ache is actually coming from. Most physical ailments have an emotional background.
We need to be aware not to feed our body negative thoughts, feelings, news, books, movies, facebook posts, etc. Science has shown that negative thoughts and emotions trigger stress hormones in the body that often drain energy, reduce performance and inhibit mental clarity
What are some of the simple ways we can live a more holistic life?
- Mindfulness – By just being more mindful and being aware, in the now, you can live a more holistic life.
- Gratitude – Share your gratitude. You can write it, say it. You can look around and appreciate it. We can use the facebook group to share and hear Gratitude. You can join the group on Face book.
- Be active – keeping your body active improves your stamina and makes you feel good
- Meditate – take some quiet time daily… Zone out, rest your mind. There are so many apps available nowadays one can use these or just sit in silence. Just chanting “Om” or “So ham” is also a wonderful way to start meditation.
- Clean foods…To live holistic one must eat holistically and mindfully avoid eating foods that are processed, full of grease, high sugar or high fat… These have fewer nutrients and more calories. Add unprocessed foods, organic fruits, vegetables and nuts to your diet…
- Focus on positive relationships, positivity. Love life, be respectful.
- Acts of kindness – smile at someone, donate old clothes, etc. , volunteer at day-care, When you do something nice for someone you feel better about yourself too.
- Get creative… These are all things which can take you into the Flow… Puzzle, colouring, drawing, singing, cooking. Just doing something different, something creative. This also activates both sides of your brain.
- Let Go – Clear your mind. Release any negative thoughts… Clear your mind of thoughts, judgments, expectations, fears… Try and be in the Now. Forgive so you can feel lighter and you can move on in life.
Having a bit of discipline in your life helps you get into a routine of “Happy Living “
‘A morning routine sets the tone for the whole day, and if you do each day right, you’ll do life right’.
A few simple and easy steps to start a Morning routine. As John Maxwell says, ‘You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine’.
- Smile as soon as you wake up 😃 wake up, stretch your body and just say ‘Thank You, Thank You, Thank You’ feeling gratitude for everything.
- Feel and think or write and share Gratitude. (3 things, 5 things…Whatever, but be consistent) The Be Grateful page makes me feel content, grateful and reminds me that there is so much to be grateful for.
- Feed your mind (No newspaper or news for me) read something positive and uplifting.. Quotes… Inspiring talks…Anything that feeds it positively. Listen to an inspiring talk or meditations… play your happy music every morning. This could be chants, kirtans, mindful music…
- Visualize how you want your day to go (close your eyes for a few minutes and be specific … Think of what you want to have to do etc. Visualize the positive outcome. Intend the day… Make it what you want. The power of your thoughts is amazing.
You do not have to have a morning routine; you can create a bedtime routine for yourself too. Or an afternoon one if you prefer.
But truly believe how you start your day is how you live your day.
So enjoy your journey towards Holistic living.
What aspect of holistic living would you like to hear more about?