What if we all hit a “bottom” when we decide that where we are is no longer good enough?
Often we think about hitting bottom when we talk about people who are at an all-time low because of debt or an addiction issue or a major medical situation that makes them question if there’s hope.
What if there’s another variation that impacts most of us at some time or another? What if we all hit a “bottom” when we decide that where we are is no longer good enough? What if hitting this “bottom” is really about when our self-assessment says “I want more..fun, career growth, connection, etc.”? What if it’s when you say…Enough is enough and move from excuses, self-sabotage, and doubt to a place of power and change?
Take a moment to reflect on where you are right now. Do any of these sound like how you’re feeling?
- Do you feel as if you’re drained every day when you finish work or you dread every Monday morning?
- Do you feel as if you’re sacrificing your personal time with your friends or family due to your job commitments?
- Do you feel as if you’re sacrificing your health – lack of sleep, unhealthy eating, lack of healthy movement? Is this starting to take a toll…on your relationships, your health, your mental agility?
- Do you feel as if you keep starting a health & wellness plan (weight loss, exercise, etc.) and give up after an initial successful start?
- Do you feel as if you’re just running on a treadmill and not getting anywhere?
- Are you missing having fun and connection in your life but don’t know where to start to get it back?
Is it time to reassess whether it’s now time to start rising up from your “bottom” and preparing for your ideal 2020?
Ask yourself these questions:
- What could life look like if I made one substantial change?
- What would it take to commit to it?
- What will prevent me from following through?
- What does it look like six months from now after I’ve achieved this?
- Is the upside worth the cost of change?
- What can I do to stay focused on the end goal?
Are you ready to start the climb up from your bottom?