Second Women4Tech Summit
At the 2018 edition of Mobile World Congress, the second Women4Tech Summit took place. This full-day program is designed for women to include them and promote their involvement in technology and mobile.
Just like last year, the focus was on four key themes:
– Women Empowering Technology—> gender equality and career development.
– Women Encouraging Technology —> mentoring and youth education.
– Women Transforming Technology —> focusing on women in communication and vertical sectors.
– Women Innovating in Technology—> women entrepreneurs and innovators.
It was inspiring and interesting just like the first edition, however unlike last year the room was not full and even the program quality itself was less than last year to be honest. Perhaps, because the first edition was a great success and crowded, we had higher expectation for the next edition.
Interestingly, is that this year they included more diverse groups onstage, in terms of age, skin color and culture. You had successful women varying in age, origins, skin color and job levels. The remark Diversity4Tech made last year ‘Now adding more diversity in terms of age, skin color and culture is the next step to go for!’ just came true!!!
Also part of this year program was the announcement of women leaders nominees and winners of the ´GLOMO Awards 2018´.
Some powerful words shared at the summit is by two amazing and inspiring minority women:
– ‘Diversity drives Innovation’, by Namrata Sharma from HCL Technologies
– ‘Support each other as woman, promote sisterhood, and believe in your own strength’ by Sohaila Ouffata from BMW iVentures.
It was a nice experience, and hopefully women will keep supporting each other and start initiatives to lower the gender gap and be more involved in their community for further social enhancement.