Demanding jobs are often associated with high-stress levels. But in reality, they don’t have to be stressful provided you plan well and use different ways to boost your productivity.
Here are some ways that can help you through such demanding jobs.
- Take breaks at times. Though this may sound counter-productive, frequent breaks help you to have high productivity levels in short bursts, thereby helping you to finish your tasks at the earliest.
- Consider using a timer for each task to push yourself harder so you can finish the job in time. At the same time, ensure that you keep a reasonable time for each task and you’re not forced to compromise on quality at any point.
- Remove all distractions such as your cell phone, emails, phones, and just about anything else that you think is taking your focus away from work.
- It is always a good idea to finish the most difficult or a task you hate right in the morning. This is because you’re fresh and tend to be more productive when you start your day. So, this is a good time to remove those tasks from your list.
- Sometimes, you keep thinking about a task and worry about completing it. Instead of wasting time on such negative thoughts, just get the work started and most times, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at your speed of completing it.
- Make a note of different tasks, prioritize it, and schedule it appropriately. This way, you’ll be able to get all the different things in, even in a highly demanding and stressful job.
- Take a vacation once every few months to relax and pamper yourself. These vacations don’t have to be expensive, especially when you use high-reward credit cards like American express platinum. These cards cut down your flight, stay, and restaurant expenses when you accumulate reward points on it.
- Exercise every day. A good amount of research done in this area shows that when you exercise midday your productivity levels go up. Also, the fresh air and a change of environment can rejuvenate your mind and body, so you’ll come back into work with high levels of energy.
- De-clutter your desk to avoid wasting time rummaging through the items to find what you want. Also, make sure to remove or discard the things that are not relevant to you anymore. It not only makes your office desk more inviting but can have a positive impact on your mind as well.
- One of the most important and yet overlooked aspects of productivity is the art of saying “no”. When you keep nodding your head to everything, people tend to assume that you have the time and means and will keep adding more work to your pile. You’ll have to take charge of your schedule and say no when you think you can’t take it anymore.
Thus, these are some ways to boost your productivity even in highly demanding jobs.