We are in a very critical time in our world.
For the past several years our world has screamed for healing, for caring, for creating movements that will empower and bring forth peace. We have watched the news, it has jarred us, and at points, we could not bear to watch it. Celebrity events and news about who is doing what was what filled the news and media pages. It was a distraction from the bigger epidemic our world, our planet was facing. Today we have only one concern-our world and beings, and all else have faded in the background.
Today, I believe a Golden Opportunity is upon us, yes, you heard me right…a Golden Opportunity.
For we have the power and the ability to step into a deeper consciousness and a higher awareness. The limitations that have been put on all citizens of the globe are external. We are staying indoors, not going to work, not socializing, spending time isolated from the rest of the world. And yet, this external limitation has opened the gateways to an internal opportunity. The opportunity to understand and hear the voice within, to reconnect with ourselves and those we live with, to get to know them and ourselves on a deeper level.
In the midst of the hectic daily life many of us have been living, we have not allowed the standstill, we have not allowed the true emergence of our inner voice. And now, the vulnerability, the anxiety is guiding us to this. Yes, this anxiety and fear is our friend, not our enemy, for it is making us become aware and understand what we want and desire and what is truly important to us.
Our truth is being revealed to us in these uncertain times. Crisis makes us become more aware of those deep inner desires that have been buried because we have been so busy in our daily lives and could not or did not want to look at them.
I feel this time is golden for our soul and also golden for our humanity. In this, we understand how much we need each other, how important we are as part of this chain, we understand who we wish to stand with. We understand no matter who we are, what age, what status, we are all the same. And at the end of the day what is most important is kindness, compassion and caring.
Tools to Support You and Create Empowerment
- Each day, write one thing that has come up in your thoughts. It can be a frustration, or anxiety, a wish or desire. See how many times it is coming up, what time of day, and what may have prompted this.
- Through your meditation focus on this. If you do not meditate, focus on it through your breath. If it is anxiety, sit with it. Embrace the anxiety, even if uncomfortable. If it is a dream or desire do the same. Then visualize facing it, either way, whether it is uncomfortable or a dream you want to come true. Try this each day until you become more comfortable with embracing your dream, or facing your anxiety.
- On a piece of paper monitor if this thought is lessening or increasing. If the anxiety is increasing allow it to. Once you embrace it fully, it will guide you to its release and resolution. If it is a dream see what steps you need to take to manifest it.
- Write down the names of people, places or things that make your heart feel warm and write down the opposite, who or what makes you uncomfortable. Bless them all. Put light around them. Give the ones that make you uncomfortable to the winds, to the breeze, or rains as you bless them. Feel the lightness of being afterward.
- Each day in your home, garden or street walk for ten minutes. Each step you take you are walking away from the uncomfortable thoughts and anxieties and thus opening room for vastness. Separate yourself from your phone and other distractions. Just be with the walk. As the vastness expands within you, allow yourself to see new colors, see where they guide you.