The vast majority of people spend more time planning their vacation or a party than they do planning their lives. As a rule, they take whatever life throws at them.
Winners, on the other hand, have learned that setting goals separates them from the mediocre.
There are three types of people in this world.
- Make it happen
- Watch it happen
- Say, “What happened?”
People that have goals, make it happen!
- Goals should be specific and clearly defined in writing.
- They should be written in first person, present tense and positive [as if they already exist].
- Identify the obstacles and challenges you will have to overcome.
- Then, identify the resources and people you will need to assist you in overcoming those obstacles.
- Establish a set of time frames: short term, intermediate, and long term.
- Take immediate action!
- Read and recite your goals every morning when you wake up, and then again prior to going asleep.
- Visualize your goals. See them in your mind as you recite them.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic regarding your goals.
- Only share your goals with positive people who will support your goals.
Note… Less than 5% of people have clearly defined written goals.
Remember… Every day is a gift, and the quality of your life is your gift to yourself.