You already know that you can eat your way to good health but, were you ever convinced that you can also eat your way to younger-looking skin? If you’re looking for a quick answer, the answer is a definite, ‘Yes’. Just think about it for a sec, one of the major causes of under eye wrinkles and other aging skin issues you’re faced has a lot to do with poor lifestyle choices, and an unhealthy diet is a major culprit. Where else would your skin obtain the nutrients it needs to heal and rejuvenate your skin?
The Source Of All Goodness
Did you really think that your expensive bottle of serum or, your luxuriously branded jar of anti-wrinkle eye cream would be enough to change your skin for the younger, better and clearer look it has always been capable of embodying? But, of course, you must have wished so though, you probably know you’ve been lying to yourself all along.
Therefore, changing what you eat and even how you eat can radically improve your skin, and it starts right about now with the Top 10 healthiest foods for getting rid of fine lines and crow’s feet:
1. Herbs and spices. Highly recommended anti-inflammatories, garlic, turmeric, parsley, rosemary, black pepper and basil help defend your skin from irritations, redness, swelling and other forms of inflammation that all too easily lead to crow’s feet and other visible signs of aging skin. Learn how to incorporate these herbs and spices to your dishes and you will not just be enjoying more flavorful meals but also top up your skin food with the wonderful antibacterial and antioxidant properties that these fresh picks can render your skin. These herbs and spices are a specially valuable addition for your skincare when you have persistent skin inflammation, including rosacea, acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
2. Avocados. Unbeknownst to many, the guacamole dip you love to go with your tacos and burritos is a very special fruit. It’s good for your skin and it’s good for your overall health to and, unlike most other fruits, avocados contain a negligible amount of sugar. That means, you don’t have to worry about raising your blood sugar levels or, glycation which weakens your skin synthesis, when you binge on avocados. It contains a rich amount of fatty acids which help facilitate skin healing and which is good for your heart health. The high concentration of Potassium helps improve your skin’s moisture absorption and moisture locking capacity. Vitamin C and Vitamin A, well-known soldiers of anti aging, are also present in avocados in high amounts.
3. Bananas. When you have easy access to bananas, that’s good news for your skin. Not only can you make a paste to use as a face mask but bananas are just as good for your skin when eaten. Like avocados, it contains high levels of potassium. You can also derive plenty of Vitamins C and E from this ‘everybody’s favorite’ tropical fruit.
4. Pomegranates. Far from the fruit of the underworld it has been portrayed in Greek Mythology, pomegranates bring life to lifeless skin. It contains a rich amount of Vitamin C which revitalizes your skin cells and defends these from damage-causing elements. It also contains a high amount of potassium to hyper hydrate your skin, a high concentration of Vitamin K to clear fluid build up that causes puffy eyes, and protein which helps keep your muscles and the skin on top of it firm and full. Combined, these nutrients give pomegranates the power to reverse fine lines and wrinkles resulting from all causes of under eye wrinkles.
5. Chocolates. Well, not all chocolates can be good for your skin. You want to take hold of one that contains significantly low amount of sugar and a significantly high amount of cocoa which is power packed with natural antioxidants that help your skin stay strong to withstand damage, and which supports repair to restore your skin’s youthful complexion.
6. Tomatoes. These fruits (popularly classified as vegetables though) isn’t only good for soaking your tired eyes but also prove to be skin healthy additions to your diet. Tomatoes contain very high levels of Vitamin A, the anti-aging vitamin, and Vitamin C, the super antioxidant. For that, expect only a reliable wrinkle-correcting function from tomatoes in your salads and soups.
7. Leafy Greens. So you know now that aging in general, including skin aging specifically, is caused by a general slowdown in cellular energy. Low energy means slower processes for healing, repair, regenerating, and renewing your skin. Worsening of these conditions make your skin give in to aging, then crow’s feet, fine lines, and under eye wrinkles are not so very far behind.
8. Coconut Oil. The world of skincare remains divided about applying coconut oil to the skin so, can you just imagine how many people must think it is irrational to drink it? Hey, if you can’t stomach downing coconut oil in its straight form, you can always add it to your salads or, even cook with it. The health benefits of coconut oil are compelling so the skin benefits must be true too. See, whatever is good for your body must also be good for your skin — you simply cannot have one without the other.
9. Goji Berries. These are loaded with Vitamin C and is also rich in polysaccharides which help promote a healthy gut by feeding the good bacteria. With proper digestion, your body effectively filters out waste and toxins while absorbing more of the good stuff. These functions must be good for promoting a clearer, healthier looking skin too.
10. Fatty fish. These are loaded with good fats that promote a dewier, more supple skin appearance. You must mind how your fatty fish is caught and where it was caught, however, because toxins can easily build up in its fatty body and do you more harm than good.
Fight the multiple causes of under eye wrinkles and other visible signs of skin aging. Don’t rely on your skin creams to accomplish your skin goals for you. You must go back to the basics to make your brighter, firmer, younger looking skin happen today.