· Stretch upon rising. You’ve got to get out of bed anyway, so add a couple bedside stretches. While sitting on the edge of your bed do some side arcs. Simply raise your arm over head, extend it while reaching. Feel the expansion in your mid body. Repeat on the other side. Emphasize the Feeling of the expansion in your mid body. Feels so good huh? Go ahead do some more. A few sets are even more awesome than one.
· While still sitting on the edge of your bed, rotate your ankles in each direction. Feel your joint moving. Feel your blood moving. Feels good.
· Stand up. Do a Downward Dog. If you’ve never done a Downward Dog today is your day. Start nice and slow. Stand straight. Roll your shoulders. Assume Mountain Pose (feet shoulder width apart). Raise your arms over your head. Feel the stretch. Create some organic movement. Do what Feels good…. maybe alternating arms reaching upward. Gently roll your spine down one vertebra at a time, hands in front of your feet. Walk out your hands to a comfortable distance in front of you. Lift your heels. Move organically and gently to what feels good. Shift your weight into your palms. Keep your gaze just ahead of your hands. Feel the blood flow through your feet, calves, knees, shifting your hips gently. Feel your blood flow through your back and around your spine, into your head, arms and hands. Pause. Feel what you feel. Walk your hands back. Gently roll your spine to standing one vertebra at a time.
· Go about your morning routine. Move to your rebounder/mini tramp, turn on your favorite morning TV show, great music or something inspirational on your device; and set an alarm for as little as three minutes, up to 15 or 20 minutes. GO. Bounce, Jump, Move your arms. Jog in place, add some footwork. Whatever moves you, do these moves here now! If you don’t have a rebounder dance in any room of the house with timer set and your favorite sound on. Have Fun. Repeat after dinner if you are an overachiever. Have more fun.
· Do not sit at your desk for longer than 60 minutes at a time. Walk somewhere. Up a flight, around the office. To a supply cabinet. To the kitchen and refill your water glass, Roll your shoulders. Go for a minute or 20 – 30 when you can. Repeat Every Day.
The body IS designed for movement and you know it. Today is the day you can Love Yourself More & Move More. You will feel better.
Bonus: Have your ride drop you off one block earlier; take the elevator to the lower floor and walk one flight of stairs. One week take the stairs down at least three flights one day. Next week take the stairs down at least three flights two days. And so on… Until you are more often than not walking down three flights of stairs, then add a fourth flight of stairs… and so on.
Plan outdoor therapy on your day off work and enjoy a walk, a hike, a bike ride, a jog. Walk through the park, around your neighborhood, to coffee, through the zoo, etc. Do something and build on it. You will feel physically and mentally sharper right away! GO!
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. This article has not been reviewed by the FDA. Always consult with your primary care Physician or Naturopathic Doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine.