I have not been one always to set a new year’s resolution or to implement them for an entire year. However, the year I set off to not have dirty dishes has been a success. That year of having a clean sink is coming to a close.
You may be thinking, what type of resolution is that? Or why would she make that her resolution? It is beyond dirty dishes. It was one of those things that bother both my husband and myself. Rather than denying my part, I have tried my best to have a clean sink daily, which in return not only makes me happy but also my husband. Well, it hasn’t been perfect every day, but I do not let that derail what I have set out to do.
The whole point of this dirty dish story is focusing on something little, which will have a tremendous impact on your life as well as others around you may be the thing that will help you work on completing a new year’s resolution for a year. At this point, it is no longer a new year’s resolution for me but a daily habit of something that I work on every day.
You may have that one thing that is nagging at you about something in your life and trying to figure out how to adjust to having a positive impact can change a lot. Here are a few questions and points which should make this process simpler, but this is not a one size fits all solution so use what fits your needs.
- Reflect on something that is a conflict that arises frequently.
- Is this something that you can change how you react, execute, complete?
- Is this something that you can make an adjustment in a little way for the situation?
- Maybe you think there is too big of a situation to come up with a resolution. It may not be something that comes to you right away. Allow time to figure it out. You don’t need an answer right now.
- We live in a day and age where most things have already been done by someone else. The great news is that with the internet you should be able to search for any problem and be able to find an answer or at least some direction of where to start.
- Don’t be hard on yourself, if you figure out that you need to make adjustments or miss some days. Keep improving and accomplishing more.
- When things are getting good, don’t question it. Keep improving and accomplishing more.
- Get sidetracked with something else that will happen; it’s life.
In conclusion, try to have a positive mind-set to keep improving and accomplishing more.