Are you thinking of getting dental implants to restore your smile? Fixing your mouth is a great decision. The placement of Dental Implants Dubai is, for several years now, one of the most demanded treatments in Dentistry.
Currently, there are a large number of adults who are missing some of their teeth, so this rehabilitation has become in great demand thanks to its natural and long-lasting results.
Due to the need to replace their teeth, both for functional and aesthetic reasons, patients decide to put themselves in the hands of a professional implantologists to carry out the treatment.
What advantages do dental implants offer?
To replace the lost tooth, or teeth, there are three alternatives: dental implants, fixed prostheses and removable prostheses. However, implants offer a number of advantages over the other two alternatives:
- It is a conservative procedure. It is not necessary to cut or adapt the teeth adjacent to the tooth to be replaced. This technique prevents further injury.
- The implant can be placed in any patient. It is only necessary to check the oral health status to rule out that there are cavities or any other disease, if they exist they must be eliminated before the procedure. They are only not recommended for those people who suffer from a bone disease or are under treatment with drugs that can affect this area.
- The implant prevents chewing and tooth movement problems. When we are missing a tooth, the rest of the teeth can try to reposition themselves to fill the existing gap
- The implant increases the self-esteem of the patient. The placement of an identical tooth to the original, which replaces the gap of the lost tooth, allows you to smile, speak and chew without problems. Not only does your smile improve, but quality of life is restored.
- It does not need special care. The hygiene of the implant is the same as that of a normal tooth, it is necessary to brush to avoid tartar and cavities. It is necessary to carry out periodic check-ups to the dentist to check the good state of health and thus make the implant last forever.
- The implant can be placed even if there is not enough bone. The new advances allow to have alternatives to place an implant in an inclined position in such a way that it grips the closest bone area or to perform a bone graft.
What does the treatment consist of?
The implant is like a screw that must be inserted into the base of the gum, in the maxillofacial bone, by surgery. The placement will be carried out by a maxillofacial surgeon or implantologists. This “screw” will act as the new root of the tooth by fully integrating with the bone. This integration between the implant and the bone will take about 2-3 months to complete.
Once the adequate union between bone and implants has been confirmed, an abutment or base will be placed so that the new dental piece, or prosthesis, grips and does not move. The new tooth is made to measure, the doctor will take the measurements of the gap and color data of the original pieces so that the appearance of the new one is identical to the others. The tooth will be cemented and screwed to the implant.