Stress and anxiety are two of the main problems of the 21st century. Do we know what is good for de-stressing? In this blog we will talk about natural treatment for anxiety and stress: drink water.
From Water logic, we recommend this water filter having quality purified water in the workplace and home. With unlimited, great-tasting drinking water, healthy hydration is provided for everyone.
What is the relationship between dehydration and stress?
When our body is dehydrated, it increases the circulation of stress hormones, cortisol, and physiological processes are set in motion similar to when the body is in a situation of danger or restlessness.
When anxiety strikes, one of the symptoms that appear is the sensation of having a dry mouth. At that time, drinking water becomes a very important tool to help calm that state of restlessness.
Different studies show that stress directly impacts intellectual performance, affects slowness of thought, reflexes, and causes errors in conflict resolution.
What is good to de-stress?
Water is one of the simplest home treatments to combat anxiety and stress or improve our mood. As you have learned, there is a very close relationship between dehydration and stress levels. While drinking water is not the ultimate solution to eliminate stress, it does have great benefits that help counteract it.
- Drinking water calms anxiety. It is highly recommended that both at workstations and at study tables, always have a bottle of water on hand, since being constantly hydrated helps increase attention and concentration, as well as reducing anxiety and stress.
- When we hydrate, we are more positive. There are studies that indicate that dehydration of 2.7% can cause us to have a greater sensation of effort to do tasks together with sadness, fatigue and decay. Therefore, with correct hydration, we will also maintain a good mood.
- Drinking enough water can improve our productivity. If dehydration affects the way we feel, it does much more to the functioning of our brain. Scientific evidence has shown that with 1% or 2% dehydration, short-term memory, selective visual attention tasks, concentration and reaction time begin to suffer.
With stress, we drink less
When we are stressed, the heart beats faster and breathing intensifies, so the body needs more fluid. However, stress makes us forget the needs of our body; that is, we forget to drink water and, as a consequence, the state of nervousness and tension in which we are immersed increases. Instead, if we stay hydrated properly, we can control and reduce that stress. Thanks to the water, body and mind are rebalanced.
What are other benefits of drinking water?
Drinking enough water a day can improve the following body functions:
• Increased perception
• Improves attention and concentration
• Improves memory
• Helps in language ability
• Better psychomotor performance
In short, it improves cognitive function as a whole, in addition to physical functioning.
Now you know that drinking water helps calm anxiety levels and Estré, but more than that, rehydrate properly it is vital for the functioning of the human organism at all ages. For all this, it is essential to educate from childhood on the regular habit of drinking water to maintain good health and improve personal well-being.