This is my serious attempt to clean out my email box from my hospital stay. My emails have a lot of great knowledge from people. I’ve been holding out on all the information in my email. I want to keep the knowledge and clean my inbox. So I came up with the idea to write a blog post on these emails. Done and done. I won’t forget to delete either.
Breakfast — Considered to be the most important meal of the day.
And rightly so.
It revs up your metabolism.
It keeps you from binging.
It sets you in a good mood for the rest of the day.
So we’ve got our physical bodies in check.
But now it’s time to feed your mind with a little bit of “breakfast” of it’s own.
The Connection Exercise
To get into that state of flow and to connect more deeply with others, just follow these steps:
- Use “The Start of the Day” and do a morning meditation to awaken compassion and begin the process of getting into the “flow” of universal energy and potential. This meditation is best done immediately upon waking, while your mind is still fresh, open and relaxed — before the daily chatter has started.
- Close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths and begin to visualize a bright, white light of Source energy streaming down from above into your crown chakra (at the top of your head). Allow this energy to move down your spine, down through your legs, and out through your feet into the Earth.
- Imagine this energy flowing out from you into your surroundings, starting with the space you’re in, expanding to the city, country, continent, planet, solar system and the whole universe. There are no limits to this energy. It never runs out. It can encompass the entire universe.
- Visualize yourself sending love, light and positive energy to everything and everyone in the world. Again, there is no shortage of this Source energy so give it freely, without judgment or restraint.
- This Source energy is the energy that is the “stuff” of which the entire universe is made. It is powerful beyond measure, and as it flows through you, it energizes you and makes you feel a oneness with all there is. As you send out this energy, you become aware that you are not separate from this energy. You have the same powers.
- Anytime you need this energy, simply draw it into yourself. Feel yourself become blissful and powerful, knowing you can accomplish your goals with ease, and knowing that love is the source of all of your thoughts, words and actions on this day.
Hello! I’m Alesha! I’m a musician, actress, entrepreneur and writer and recent hospital patient (I still can’t believe that is real). Follow on Twitter. If you like what I’m writing, give me a heart and share! 🙂 I like hearts.
Originally published at medium.com