With digitization, today’s buyers demand a higher level of information, more personalization and more connection with the brand from which they buy products. That is why B2B marketing must be more effective and intuitive. To achieve this, every B2B company must apply optimal digital strategies, adapted to its main objectives, which allow it to satisfy the needs of its customers and thereby increase its volume of sales.
Currently, there are different digital procedures such as Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing or Email Marketing. And with them, a B2B company can achieve optimal results, quickly and efficiently.
1. What are the most used digital techniques in Marketing and Sales and what are they for?
Digital-marketing and sales techniques are a set of tactical strategies and actions aimed at achieving the main objectives in bahria hills Islamabad . These are carried out through online means such as; promoting products and creating content through web pages or blogs, social networks, email management, etc. The selection of these digital strategies will depend fundamentally on the competitive environment, target audience and capabilities of the company.
A company focused on the B2B sector must necessarily have various well-defined digital methods, which allow it to achieve new business opportunities and attract potential customers. And, in the past, these goals have been achieved by fostering relationships with partners, participating in trade shows and using techniques such as “word of mouth.” Now such practices may be insufficient.
2. Main metrics of Digital-marketing
Once the main digital techniques have been defined, it is essential to measure and analyze their effectiveness. To do this, the organization must have metrics that help to check if these strategies are working correctly to achieve the objectives set.
2.1. Inbound Marketing Metrics
There are different indicators that allow us to check if the Inbound Marketing strategy is working correctly. Here are the most used indicators:
- Visits to lead ratio
It is one of the most important metrics in the inbound strategy. Apart from generating traffic on our website, a good Inbound Marketing strategy will allow us to convert anonymous visitors to a website into users with name, surname and email.
- Lead to MQL ratio
To know if the leads that are being obtained are of quality, it is necessary to calculate the conversion ratio from lead to MQL. MQLs or Marketing Qualified Leads are those leads with the greatest chances of becoming real customers. With this metric, you can check the quality and effectiveness of the content offered in each of the stages of the purchase process.
- MQL to SQL ratio
The MQL or SQL conversion ratio is a fundamental piece of information for your company’s sales department. Well, it will allow them to know which are the leads that are already prepared to have direct contact with the commercial department.
- SQL to Opportunity Ratio
For the sales department, one of the most important ratios to measure is the conversion from SQL to Opportunity. Well, the latter are those prospects who have a high probability of becoming customers.
- Opportunity to sale ratio
The last step in this sequence is to know the ratio of Opportunity to sale that will indicate to us of all those sales opportunities that have been opened to us, how many we have closed in total.
2.2. Content Marketing Metrics
Next, we present the most important metrics to determine if your content corresponds to what your customers ask for.
- Visits on the page. With this metric you can check how many and which are the most visited pages of your website or blog. This will allow you to identify the content that most interests your readers.
- Time spent on the page. Shows the average time spent by each user on each page of your website. This data allows us to check if the content is relevant enough for readers to consume it all.
- Recurring readers. One of the main objectives within this digital strategy is to build relationships. For this, it is important to know more about the readers, to know what content is what brings them back and their level of engagement.
- Lead generation. To know if our Content Marketing strategy is working, it is necessary to determine the number of users who have filled out a contact form after publishing your content.
2.3. Email Marketing Metrics
- Open rate. E sta metric calculates the percentage of emails that have been opened, depending on the number of emails that have been sent. This rate depends on factors such as: the quality of the contact list, the sender, the subject of the email and even its content.
- Click Rate. CTR or Click-Through-Rate refers to the number of users who have received a certain email and have clicked on any of the links included in it. A high CTR indicates that the content that has been shown to the recipient has been of interest to them.
- Click open rate. This metric indicates the number of times an email is opened, that is, the number of total views. This indicator serves to gain a better understanding of the number of people who have opened the email and have read it.
- Bounce rate. The bounce rate refers to the number of emails that have not reached the recipient. This may be due to the fact that some users have entered their email details wrong, so they must be removed from the database or asked for the data again.
- Low rate. This metric will allow you to know what is the evolution of the number of subscribers. A high unsubscription rate may be due to the fact that the target audience has not been well selected or that the content of the emails is not the most appropriate.
3. The main sales KPIs
- Number of leads generated. It is one of the fundamental sales indicators to evaluate the performance of marketing actions. With this parameter, it will be possible to analyze whether the actions carried out throughout the purchase cycle are being effective.
- Conversion rate or n. The conversion rate is one of the most relevant sales KPIs. A good sales team must know how to convert all the generated opportunities into sales. This indicator makes it possible to identify the best strategies.
- CAC. The cost of customer acquisition (CAC), collects all the investment made until a consumer becomes a customer. This indicator allows you to analyze whether or not a certain customer acquisition strategy is worthwhile. If the CAC is greater than the average expense, it means that you are investing more money to get a customer than he is spending on the purchase.
- Number of deals completed. It is important to know the number of deals completed in a certain period for the creation of goals. To be more effective, this indicator must have other parameters such as the average ticket.
- If you want to grow your business effectively and permanently, start planning your sales funnel strategy.