Regardless of which type of site you choose to create – a business project, an online store, a business card site or something else, the task for all owners of web resources is the same – so that the site differs in its attractiveness, originality, and personality? To solve this problem, there are several options:
1. Engage in the creation of the site yourself.
In this case, you will have to learn programming languages, acquire design skills, learn how to work in Photoshop and much more. Of course, for this, it will be necessary to spend a lot of time, but in return, you will receive a 100% individual website that meets all your requirements.
2. Order a website from professionals.
In this case, you will also receive an individual website, “sharpened” for your requests. Plus – you will save time and get a ready site in the shortest possible time. However, be prepared for considerable financial expenses, since the services of good specialists require significant financial investments.
3. Use a ready-made website template.
On the Internet, you can find a huge number of completely affordable or completely free ready-made website templates. At the same time, you will save your money and time, and you do not need to know all the intricacies of site-building. You can choose a template to your liking.
Regarding the first option, not many people have the opportunity and desire to get site-building skills or knowledge at a professional level, since this requires a lot of patience, perseverance, and hard work.
Some may simply not have enough time, and by type of activity, a site is needed in a very short time. Therefore, the question may arise about creating a site using a ready-made template or use the services of a web designer to create an individual one.
The benefits of the finished template
- The main advantage is the low cost of the templates, and many can be used for free;
- You will immediately receive a ready site;
- There are a lot of ready-made templates, and you can choose for every taste and any topic;
- You can experiment on them and learn how to make your sites appvalley;
- Over time, you can easily change it to another template or change to an individual one;
Also, ready-made templates can be easily changed and adjusted as you wish. Minimum Photoshop knowledge will help you change the design, add flash elements, change navigation, create your menu and much more. After significant changes, you can achieve almost complete individuality of the site.
- Despite the variety of ready-made templates, someone may use or already apply exactly such a template.
- Any ready-made template has its basic concept and its style: color scheme, font selection, graphic images, etc. No matter how you try to change or add your elements, the main core of the site will remain unchanged.
- If you still manage to make impressive adjustments and redo the site beyond recognition, then this will require considerable expenses, both time and financial. So in some cases, it’s easier to order a site from scratch.
- You can, of course, buy a finished site, but it will cost much more than the services of professional specialists.
There is another significant drawback with ready-made templates. Search engines take into account the uniqueness of not only texts and images, but also of all design elements and graphics on the site. Therefore, achieving the complete uniqueness of the site and achieving high positions will not be easy.
Advantages of an individual site
- The main advantage is that you get an original website with your logo, slogan, individual design solution (color scheme, font, graphics, etc.).
- You get what you want. That is, initially the designer takes into account all your wishes and requirements regarding the appearance of the site, navigation, functionality, etc.
- The uniqueness of an individual site increases your image or the image of your company in the eyes of users.
- The results of the site’s search positions are improving (I recommend reading the article how are site design and sales related? ).
- Your site becomes recognizable, and it is easier to remember, based on this, traffic increases and the rating rises.
- The website on an individual template is easier to optimize and promote.
- Individual templates provide more functionality (online ticket booking, money transfer, etc.)
Also, an individual site can be considered as an investment in a future project. If necessary, it can be sold at a bargain price.
For many, the high cost of creating an individual website template may turn out to be a drawback, although, for those who intend to develop and expand their project, this is not considered a profitable investment.
Another minus, unlike the finished template, is the uncertainty in the deadline. That is, the development and creation of a site just for your requirements can drag on indefinitely. Some are frightened by a great responsibility since considerable investments must necessarily give their results.
Everyone chooses which option to choose – someone needs a quick start, and a ready-made template is suitable for this. Someone intends to open a long-term, serious and developing project and chooses an individual approach to the creation of the site.
Whatever option you use, the main thing is that the created site meets a clear definition and statement of tasks in front of you.