Identifying the task of an effective
accountant and that of a professional financial advisor implies, first of all,
knowing how to explain the difference between managing and planning.
In fact, many financial managers
have a broad knowledge base that includes some idioms and fiscal planning
strategies, but the problem is that many end up concentrating on that and not
on what should be their strategic work for an organization.
of having a financial advisor:
To comply with the goals proposed in
the financial planning you must know what is the way to take and what you need
to travel it. You can also take help from any expert from financial sector
like Sean St John of National Bank who has many years
of experience in the banking and financial industry. Sean St John Toronto, executive vice president
and co-head of fixed income, currencies and commodities at National Bank Financial in Toronto, has been
successful due to hard work and dedication.
the Financial Advisor should do?
- Its objective is the formulation of strategies to draw
up an intelligent fiscal strategy that allows planners to concentrate on
the use of resources, profit margins and investments.
- If your company is still small, an accountant can also
help you identify great opportunities.
- Are you depreciating all the right assets in the most
productive way? Is your business structure good in the medium and long
These are some of the topics in
which a financial advisor can help you:
- Tax preparation
- financial statements
- Breakdown of expenses
- Tax laws and how they affect you
- Recommendations and business structure advice
- Business growth and succession strategy in tax matters
- Audit representation
- Accountants generally charge an hourly rate for their
advice. In general, you have to be specific about how you want him to help
a financial advisor expert should do for you?
- If accounting has to do with taxes, then financial
planning has to do with investments.
- Similar to accountants, financial planners are experts
in their field and know how to identify opportunities that you cannot see.
- Have you thought about how the dynamics of your family
would affect your company in case of an emergency? What is your succession
plan in the company? Are you really investing within your comfort zone?
Are you maximizing your opportunities for growth?
are some of the things that your financial advisor will focus on:
- How to define budgets in my company
- How to decrease financial risk
- Investments (short, medium and long term)
- Interest rate on financial planning
- Assignment of assets
- Estate planning of partners
- Insurance and hedging planning (for shareholder
- Anticipate changes in the industry that affect you
(type of change in financial planning)
- Design of new structures and new business strategies
(derivative products in financial planning)
to look for in a financial advisor?
- The best way to find a professional financial adviser is through people you trust.
- Everything starts with a meeting to get to know your whole situation, both personal and professional.
- Then, define the most suitable form of payment for both parties.
- Make sure the contracted professional is familiar with the legislation that applies to your situation and industry.