To do almost any type of building, the building permit Mississauga issued by the Municipality where the property or land is located are necessary. It is overwhelming how many people begin their construction with no idea what this entails.
What types of works need construction permits?
Basically all roofed constructions (with concrete slab, or sheet) as well as fences, especially if they have a height greater than 2.00 meters, among others. The pruning, felling and transplanting of trees, panoramic or banner or palette type advertisements also require permission. A special permit is even required to accumulate building materials on public roads – benches. A permit is also required for demolition of an existing construction.
Although the person who is obliged by law to process this construction license is the Owner, the best thing is for the Architect to process it. This is so since the requirements that the municipality is going to ask you – for example, for construction permits in Monterrey Nuevo León – refer in most cases to technical issues.
Everything technical, the Architect will solve it easily and the Owner would find it difficult, if not impossible, to meet all the requirements the first time. As a comment, I have had clients who wanted to do these procedures themselves. Our bureaucrats kept them back for several days in a row until they got the file back in shape.
What do you need to process a Building Permit for a Residential House?
To process your Construction License, here I leave it in 11 very clear points.
- Official application signed (provided by the Municipality, or you can get it from your Architect)
- Copy of the property deeds
- Payment of property tax up to date
- Copy of the owner’s IFE (or owners, if applicable)
- Power of Attorney (in case it is not the owner who comes to carry out the process)
- Responsive letter and copy of the professional certificate of the Construction Director
- Four photographs of the property, current. It is not worth lying, because they are going to send an Inspector!
- Copy of blueprints background
- Complete Architectural Project, printed in 90 x 60 cm format and with official letterheads. That is, the House Plans.
- Structural calculation prepared and signed by a Civil Engineer
- Special requirements depending on the project, which may be, among others: VoBo. Of Ecology, VoBo. INAH (for listed buildings) VoBo. Civil Protection and / or Firefighters, Soil mechanics study, Environmental impact study, etc.
With these 11 requirements in order, you should get your building permit Scarborough in less than 30-60 days. But you would be surprised how many people do not comply and are exposed to heavy fines. Even the suspension or closure of the work.
In our following publications I will elaborate on the subject of construction permits -also called Construction Licenses-, in the meantime I am at your service to answer any questions about it, and even if you are looking for architects in Mississauga we can do the procedure for you. Much success in your project!