Kids are very choosy and don’t understand what is healthy for them. But it is parents who have to teach their children and try to make them eat healthy foods. Parents must try to cook healthy food over kids that has all nutritional value and also tasty. It is very difficult to keep kids away from junk and sweet food, but if you instill healthy food habits from a very young age it is possible. Healthy food habits for kids can keep them fit and also give the ability to fight against diseases.
How to instill healthy food habits among kids?
Kid normally gets attracted to shapes, size, and colors of the food. So, its parents who need to work on it and bring variation in normal food so that kids can jump to get some healthy alternatives. Try to incorporate green spinach with wheat to make colorful rotis. Kids don’t like leafy vegetables, but coming up with such innovations will help to instill healthy food habits.
Colorful fruits and vegetables are a must for kids. So, try to give all seasonal fruits to them. If kids do not like fruits, make it in the form of a smoothie or shake so that they tempt to have it. Presentation is also an important factor in making kids healthy food. Parents can try different innovations and try to present them impressively. Kids love things that look different and so cut fruits in various shapes and present them to them.
Healthy recipes for kids
- Kids love pizza, but it contains refined flour and other sauces that are not good for health. So, instead of it, go for the multigrain base along with healthy veggies. Use ketchup and homemade pizza sauce, which can give the same taste and is also healthy for them. Try to use wheat bun instead of a normal bun and opt for lentil and mushroom patties. This version of the burger is quite healthy for kids.
- Cookies are the weakness of kids, which is overloaded with sugar. Parents can try out making healthy cookies with ragi and oats that is not only tasty but also very healthy. You can use honey or any such substitute for sugar and thus give them a healthy alternative. Try to find some other alternatives like wheat, cereal or chocolate so that they don’t jump on readymade cookies.
- Kids always crave for cake, and it is very unhealthy for them. But you can make it healthy by using wheat, jaggery, yogurt, and other such things. Surprise your kids with these hath cakes so that they don’t crave outside cake. You can opt for the chocolate to dress such cakes as it can give them a feeling of normal cake, and thus they can fulfill their craving with a healthy version. Use nuts with such an alternative that makes it more healthy and delicious.
- Snacks are the weakness of kids, and it mainly consists of chips and cookies. So, make homemade snacks like corn bhel, capsicum nachos, baked nuts, and many more. These would help them to satisfy their craving and also is healthy for their body.
- Fruits and dairy products are very good for health. If you can instill these types of healthy food habits in kids, it will be continued even they grow old. Try to make different smoothies incorporating fruits, milk, yogurt, and other such things. These types of drinks are a substitute for soda and other healthy drinks. Moreover, fruits have enough sweetness, and thus you can easily cut it down. Avocado is very good for kids, but if they avoid it, go for a smoothie who looks very impressive and tasty.
- Try to make different food items from oats, which are healthy and tasty. Go, of roast idli, dosa, and much more that is tasty and healthy for them. The way yup rent it to kids is very important to make them easy such healthy food.
Kids mostly love fried foods like French fries, nachos, chips, etc. So, instead of frying, try out some alternative that can fulfill their craving but are baked not fried. You can substitute normal potatoes with sweet potatoes, which can easily be cooked in the microwave.
Parents need innovations and techniques that help kids to have healthy food. It is quite hard to instill healthy food habits for kids, but if you combine it with creativity, it becomes possible. Think of some alternatives that help to make the same dishes but with healthy ingredients. This would not only impress kids but also give them nutritional values. Kids who tend to develop healthy food habits at a younger age tend to continue when they grow old.