We have another recipe from the wonderful Nadia Felsch, nutritionist-to-be, whole foods expert and magazine columnist.
This chia pudding is a seasonal favourite that’s the perfect tote-to-work breakfast or after-dinner snack. It’s refined sugar free, with the only sweetness coming from fresh fruit, and is packed with vitamins and fibre. Also, chia seeds contain tryptophan, a precursor of serotonin (aka the chemical that boosts your mood and helps to increase and regulate melatonin, the sleep hormone.)
Mango Chia Pudding
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 8hr 10min
- ½ cup chia seeds (70g)
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder / (½ teaspoon vanilla essence)
- 2 large bananas (260g)
- Flesh of 1 mango
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Optional fresh fruit/muesli to serve
- Combine all pudding ingredients either in a bowl or blender.
- Mix well and pour into individual jars, cups or bowls.
- Place all pudding cups into the fridge to begin setting.
- Combine mango and milk in a blender and pour on top of all pudding cups.
- Set overnight.
- Serve with optional fresh fruit and muesli.
Browse our Sleep Eats recipes to nourish your body and rest easy.