Do you have a tough time falling asleep? Us too. That’s why we’ve partnered with Bose to not only help you fall asleep, but to help you sleep soundly through the night. We’re giving away 5 pairs of Bose sleepbuds to help you get a better night’s sleep. Here’s how to enter to win: Take a photo of the thing that keeps you awake — whether it’s your partner, your pet, or the noises outside — and share it on your Instagram feed or Instagram story using hashtag #LetMeSleep and tag @thrive for your chance to win!
Bose Sleepbuds Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Sponsors: Thrive Global (“Thrive”) x Bose Corporation (“Bose”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification.
All decisions of the judges regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. CONTEST begins 11/8/18 and ends 11/17/18, when all entries must be received (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This CONTEST is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of Thrive and Bose, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
This Contest is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. Contestants must own or the rights to or have the legal right to submit any images in the Contest.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner selection will be conducted by Thrive Global on 11/19/18 by selecting the post (that includes both #LetMeSleep and @thrive) that Thrive Global feels best delivers on the contest ask. Any potential winner will be notified by their post featured in Thrive Global’s Instagram Story, including Thrive Global tagging the winner’s Instagram handle. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date Thrive first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Thrive Global discretion.
5. Winner List. A winners list will be available within thirty (30) days of the end of the Contest. To receive a list of winners, send an email to [email protected] or a self-addressed stamped envelope to Bose Corporation, The Mountain Road, Framingham, MA 01701. All requests must be received within thirty (30) days after the end of Contest.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be five winners. The prize is a new pair of Bose Sleepbuds. The approximate retail value of the prize is $249.00. The aggregate approximate retail value of all prizes is $1,245.00.
8. NO AFFILIATION WITH INSTAGRAM. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Bose. OTHER PRODUCTS DEPICTED, IF ANY, OF OTHER COMPANIES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP OR ASSOCIATION WITH THIS CONTEST IN ANY WAY BY SUCH COMPANY.
9. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
10. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received.
11. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions for prize except by Thrive Global, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
12. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and discharges the Thrive Global and Bose, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize.
Fully executed affidavits and releases must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct 180826 v5 that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
13. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) 180826 v5 of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
14. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
15. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Bose and Thrive Global (“Sponsor(s)”)