Our brain and body need oxygen. Therefore we breathe. But have you ever thought about the importance of this process and all the benefits it gives? Mindful breathing can help you quickly relieve headaches, normalize blood pressure, and heart rate, relieve an asthma attack, and help in getting rid of almost any chronic disease.
What are the benefits of using mindful breathing:
- Mindful breathing reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. For centuries, yogis have used mindful breath control to reduce stress and increase vital energy. Calming down with breathing is a simple and extremely useful practice in our ultra-fast and sometimes aggressive world.
- Mindful breathing causes mild improvements in cognitive abilities, in particular attention and memory. Recent research has shown that this breathing method significantly enhances the retention of newly acquired motor skills.
- Practicing mindful breathing can help you manage negative emotions. When faced with a difficult situation, stop for a moment, take a deep breath, and focus on negative energy. Do not try to stop or distract yourself immediately, but acknowledge it.
- Mindful breathing helps to detox your body. By supplying the necessary amount of oxygen to the cells and stimulating blood circulation with the help of diaphragmatic breathing, we improve the natural process of detoxification of our body.
- It improves the functioning of our lungs. Most of us usually breathe in a short, shallow manner (“shallow breathing”), especially when we are in a stressful situation. We are accustomed to this type of breathing, however, it deprives us of precious oxygen, which subsequently disrupts the nervous and cardiovascular systems. We become more stressed, lethargic, and get tired faster. When we begin to use the diaphragmatic breathing, we give our lungs space to expand.
- Mindful breathing brings peace and harmony to your life. This process is useful and safe, its only downside is that it takes time and attention. But if you are practicing mindful breathing regularly, very soon you will feel that your energy has increased, and your character has become calmer.
Nowadays there is a countless number of mindful breathing apps for meditation and breathing on Google Play and App Store. Therefore, you will need to make a short research for a free app of good quality. 88 percent of patients trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation (ComboApp healthcare marketing agency). Make sure that the app you are going to use has positive reviews and a high score.
Mindful breathing is not associated with physical effort. In practice, you can do it anywhere and anytime – waiting for something, while traveling home, and so on. Additional effects of such breathing are calming the mind and your feelings. Practice mindful breathing several times a day. For example, take a few minutes to observe the breaths in the morning before getting out of the bed and in the evening before going to bed. This will saturate your body with oxygen, relieve stress, and improve sleep.
If you practice mindful breathing, you will come to the conclusion that mindful observation of breathing has a healing effect on your body.