It’s sometimes easy to imagine ourselves separated from others through constructs like ideology, borders, race, gender, age, etc. As global citizens we have been divided on social media with our posts, opinions and comments. Emotions have flared at times, and our words have been unkind or judgmental. Recently, our attention has shifted to staying healthy, social distancing, and for many, anxiety due to uncertainty.
We are reminded that we are not separate, we are quite connected. We share the same air, the same space, and the same planet. What we choose to do now matters. We are interconnected. Let’s choose to unite through acts of kindness with our thoughts, our emotions, our words, our intentions, and our actions. Choose to be an agent of love, light, kindness and compassion.
Ideas to spread love and kindness:
- Call or video call your parents, your siblings and your friends and tell them that you’re thinking of them.
- Reach out to your neighbors, especially the elderly, to see if they need anything.
- Support local businesses like restaurants by ordering take out.
- Ask how others are doing, especially those who are working and may feel anxious about their own health
- Turn your cameras on during meetings to promote greater connection – no one cares what you’re wearing 🙂
- Share positive messages that will inspire others through social media
I’ve recorded another meditation. Practice this loving kindness meditation and send out positive prayers, good vibes, and energy to the world.