Vinyl windows, first introduced more than 30 years ago, have grown from a small segment of the replacement window market to the most popular form of window today. Before the introduction of vinyl windows in 1979, the window market was dominated by wood and aluminum frame windows. Since then, vinyl windows have surpassed them due to several key advantages: they are low maintenance, energy efficient, durable and more.
The vinyls windows that are transparent and mirrored vinyls use a plastic material that is on a transparent base which is suitable for shop windows since it can be applied internally.
Those that can be applied on surfaces that are flat on the outside are also available.
Whichever you choose, the most important thing is that we are facing a type of material which has a long life and therefore, exposure to the sun, possible scratches or weather problems will not be inconvenient as such.
Window film printing
The big key, in addition to design of course, is to consider how the print file will be prepared.
The first thing to do is properly configure the print measurements. This type of configuration can be done in both Photoshop and Illustrator.
Do not forget at any time the fact of leaving at least 2mm of bleeding on each side. In the event that there are important texts or elements in the design, then at least 6 mm must be left on the edge. When you leave this space between them, what will happen is that the design created will be much more contained in general and that in the cut there will be no problems.
If what you want is a type of die-cut vinyl that is transparent, then what you have to create is a PDF in Illustrator with two layers. In the first one, there will be the design as such, while in the second it will be the cut path.
The general recommendation is that the vinyl is applied from the inside in order to show it properly on the outside. Its application is quite simple as well as its withdrawal so you can do it yourself.
The benefits of vinyl windows include:
- Strong and Durable: Vinyl windows require no painting, and modern advances in vinyl windows minimize cracking, warping and discoloration. With basic maintenance, new vinyl windows will last for decades.
- Energy efficiency: vinyl windows offer superior thermal protection compared to wood or aluminum windows. Modern vinyl windows are designed with energy efficiency in mind and commonly include energy efficient options such as multiple panes of glass, low-e siding, and insulation.
- Low Environmental Impact: Vinyl windows not only last longer than wood and aluminum windows, they are also recyclable, making them a very environmentally friendly window option.
- Countless Aesthetic Selections – Vinyl windows are offered in both vinyl and vinyl selections. Combined with nearly limitless color options and various design options, there are thousands of potential style combinations that are sure to match your home décor.
- Flexibility: Vinyl windows are a great option for both home and business owners. With fixed panels, custom shapes, and standard window selections available, vinyl windows are popular and practical for any use.
- Insulation: vinyl windows are an excellent option because they isolate noise, heat and dust.