I have been a quiet ardent lover of inspirational quotes and readings. Close to a year now, I have been reading stuff on simple inspiration. Then about 3 months ago, the word “thrive” flashed in my mind, and I decided that I will spend so time to read more on “thrive”. Though I still haven’t yet started my search, then “Thrive Global” popped up one day on my screen. I immediately subscribed it without even blinking an eye. I have virtually devoured most of the material and shared the links to my family.
Today, March 2rd 2020, I opened the articles on: https://thriveglobal.com/stories/small-ways-to-train-your-mind-to-think-more-positively/?utm_source=Newsletter_General&utm_medium=Thrive. After reading a couple of articles, I was atracted to one on: “Do you subscribe to Murphy’s Law?” on the link:
https://thriveglobal.com/stories/do-you-subscribe-to-murphys-law/. One intriguing simple short sentence caught my attention was: “And whatever you look for, you find”.
Being a natural optimist, I briefly reflected on the phrase on the positive side. And lo! My eureka season flashed in my mind ” That’s it, that’s it, that’s it!!! Though not a musician, before long, I was singing a version of it as:
- Look At It. Whatever you look at, looks at you. And whatever looks at you, will find you. So whatever you look at, you will find.
- Think About It. Whatever you think about, thinks about for you. And whatever thinks about for you, will find you. So whatever you think about, you will find.
- Love it. Whatever you love, loves you. And whatever you love, will find you. So whatever you love, you will find.
- Search for it. Whatever you search for, looks for you. And whatever you search for, will find you. So whatever you search for, you will find.
- Believe in it. Whatever you believe in, believes in you. And whatever you believe in, will find you. So whatever you believe in, you will find.
I am so excited that I want to share it with Thrive Global team, and thank you giys so much. Again, jotting this song/poem down has made me to get off my tight work and write the sentences down. If Murphy’s Law is true (in the positive side) then it is very, very, very true that the very reflection of anything is cast back to you. Wow!!!! I am now getting too excited. It is not true that:
- Whatever you save, also saves you
- Whatever you invest in, also invests in you.
- Whatever you build up, also builds you up.
Let the song roll oooooooo……………….
From Dr. Sulemana Stevenson, Development Researcher & Consultant, Institute for Development Research, Advocacy & Training. Tamale City, Ghana. West Africa. Email: [email protected]