As we try to understand and navigate the new reality of our lives in the face of the coronavirus, it’s now more important than ever to make our emotional wellness a top priority. This, like all challenging life situations, presents us with a unique opportunity to dig deep, pivot, and thrive through the chaos.
- Accept What is – I know it’s tough. Who could have foreseen such madness? But the sooner we are willing to accept that this is our new normal, the sooner we will be prepared to step into the reality of it all and embrace a different way of living. Seeing the situation for what it is instead of fighting with it is key to maintaining emotional fortitude through this unchartered territory we’re all facing.
- Wake Up with Intention – As you rise each morning, set your intentions, connect to your purpose and move through the day with power. Be the creator of your own reality. Just because you can’t do things in the way you’ve gotten accustomed to doesn’t mean you can’t still make moves in your life. You have a choice about how you will use your energy throughout each day.
- Get Creative – Find new ways to do the things that need to get done. Find the unique opportunity in the present situation. If you’re a parent, find fun new ways to connect with your kids. If you’re an entrepreneur, get curious about new ways to run your business and share your message. Believe it or not, pivoting like this may present even better possibilities for how to run your life/business in the long run.
- Step Away From the Drama – There’s no need to listen to the news 12 times a day or tune into that group text that’s giving you minute to minute updates on the severity of the situation. Unfortunately, many people step into fear-mode and can’t help but share their fear based ideas. You have a choice to not engage in that drama.
- Be a Helper – We rise by lifting others and there’s no better way to feel better fast than to step outside of your own pain, fear and uncertainty by helping another person in need. Look online and find resources where you can help others from the comfort and safety of your own home. Need some inspiration? Send emails to the elderly, poor or sick. That’s what our family is doing.
- Create a Schedule – It’s human nature to needs some element of structure. When we’re not at work or school and doing the regular things we are used to doing, it’s crucial that we create our own goals and tasks for the day. When you get up in the morning, change out of your pajamas and do the things you typically do to start your day off with power. Don’t get complacent just because you’re at home. There’s still plenty that needs to be accomplished.
- Move That Body! – There are so many ways to do this, even if you can’t make it to the gym or to your favorite exercise class. Step out into the fresh air for a walk or run. Live stream with your favorite zumba class. Take a yoga class on youtube. Staying physically active will help you release those endorphins and feel mentally fit which is so crucial to staying healthy right now.
- Try New Things – Is there something you’ve been putting off because you simply didn’t have the time? Now is your opportunity to move on it! Download an app that teaches you a new language, learn how to knit or play a new instrument on youtube, try that new recipe you’ve been waiting on. Find a way to come out of all of this with a new skillset. There’s no time like the present to learn and grow.
- Find new ways for human connection – Create a zoom chat with your friends. FaceTime family members you don’t regularly have the time to connect with. Start that blog you’ve been waiting on. What are some new ways that you can create connection?
- Release What You Can’t Control – While I’ve just outlined some ways to take your power back, it’s important to note that one of the optimal ways to step into your power at the moment, is to surrender the parts of this journey that you can’t control. Account for the variables that you can and let go of the rest of it.
You are the creator of your own reality, even if it doesn’t feel like it at the moment. Know that it’s all working for you: every challenge, every fear, every step of this uncertain time. Allow the discomfort to be a catalyst for transformation. After all, through the pain is where all the growth happens.
Melody Pourmoradi is a twin girl mom, life/wellness coach and the creator of the GiRLiFE Certification Program; a digital training that gives women all the resources and education they need to create their own income-generating girls empowerment workshops. She believes that when girls are taught about nutrition of the mind and nutrition of the body with a strong emphasis on their own personal power, they become unstoppable. GiRLiFE is quickly becoming an important catalyst in the girls empowerment movement with hundreds of women globally sharing Melody’s curriculum. In her newest passion project, she wrote a book called “XOXO, from a girl who gets it: life notes for the young girl within”. It’s all about introducing girls to all of their unique superpowers so that they can live a life filled with peace, health and inner freedom. Click here to join our movement or visit www.getgirlpower.com