Are you over it yet? I know I am. Who’s ready to get back to normal? But, really, what is “normal” going to look like in one year, five years, 10 years from now? I guess that’s the one thing you can count on in life – change.
Most people are creatures of habit and like routine, structure and to know what to expect. So, it’s no surprise that this COVID pandemic has really taken us for a loop. The uncertainty of the uncertainty can sure make you feel anxious and stressed. And all this isolation is bound to make anyone feel a little stir crazy and depressed.
During this trying time, it is so important to take care of yourself, each other and practice grace. It’s easy to get sucked into the negativity of bad news and drama. The Lemonade Project has some great resources to help you be mindful and keep centered. We’ll also be giving tips and resources during September for National Suicide Prevention Month. Plus, we’ll be working in the coming year to provide consistent information about suicide on our blog and in our community.
Below are some great techniques for self-care, which are especially critical during stressful and uncertain times:
- Journal – this is a great way to get thoughts and feelings down on paper and then let them go
- Daily gratitude (one of my favorite things to do when I remember!)
- Plenty of sleep but not too much
- Make lists and check things off as you accomplish them
- Practice yoga and/or breathing techniques
- Listen to yourself and follow your inner voice
- Go to the doctor for regular check-ups and when you’re not feeling well
Find more tips and information HERE.