But, for most of us, organizing our lives seems like an overwhelming task.
Remember, your priorities aren’t what you say, they’re what you do.
They are where you actually spend your time and energy, not where you want to spend your time and energy.
Many times, we are so busy that we don’t even realize that a change is needed. We are spread so thin that we do a lot of things adequately, but nothing exceptionally well.
And, then we wonder why we’ve hit a plateau.
It seems so overwhelming to CHANGE this routine. But, simply recognizing the need for change is the first step.
1. You are busy all the time but nothing ever seems to get finished.
2. You have been working towards the same goal forever but can ever seem to achieve it.
3. Exhaustion is a way of life.
4. Stress is a way of life.
5. You have it “all” on paper, but you still feel unfulfilled.
6. You are maxed out doing #allthethings but none of the things that bring you joy.
7. You feel like you are just going through the motions and wondering “is this as good as it gets?”
Are your priorities lined up with your time and energy?
Getting our priorities straight creates true lifestyle changes. Because otherwise, we are just putting a band-aid on a bullet hole.
When we get our priorities straight, we feel ownership and responsibility in our lives. We can’t always control our circumstances. But, we can control our priorities.
We aren’t going to change by wishing and hoping. We must take action.
And, creating a life that you love starts there. ❤
Originally published at medium.com