Coronavirus has caught you by surprise.
Not in the means of not knowing about it crossing the border after the border.
But in the means of your personal well-being.
You suddenly are informed that your project is on hold due to the slowdown of the economy and overall uncertainty.
That means that you have lost your income for the upcoming month or two. You do not even know for how long.
You may not have a lot of savings since you would not think you will need that.
You feel overwhelmed by fear, stress, and helplessness. You still have to survive somehow. You need bills to pay.
There is a simple 5 step plan to start:
- Contact your bank for mortgage payments suspension
- Contact leasing companies for payments break
- Search for the information on municipality webpage for news about suspended payments of utility bills
- Budget your living expenses for the upcoming week to see how much you need to buy food, medicine, and other most essential supplies. It will help to get more confidence as you will see that there is not that much you need to survive.
- Spread the news about your job loss among your friends and ask if they know anyone looking for qualities you have
Try not to close yourself from the world even if it is the period of self-isolation and quarantine.
Reach to your friends and colleagues via social media. Spread the news about your situation. Ask for ideas and recommendations of ways to find a temporary source of income.
You don’t have to be in this alone. There are a lot of people around you that can help. You just have to ask.