There’s a lot of uncertainty and fear out there, especially here in the United States, specifically in New York. How long will this last? A few more weeks? A few months? When will things go back to normal?
These are all valid questions on everyones mind. But the truth is, nobody has the answers. And it’s not our job to have them. Instead, our job is to make the most of what we were dealt with. It always comes down to perspective. You can either see the negatives, or you can look for the positives. If you’re reading this article, you’re looking for the positives. You’ve come to the right place.
Businesses out there are clearly suffering. And I have deep empathy for them. I am personally tied to a handful of businesses that have been really hurt by this pandemic. But that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. There are still tons of opportunities for businesses to succeed. Successful businesses solve problems. Wouldn’t you agree that there are quite a few problems that need to be solved right now?
Below are 5 creative ways to generate cash flow while stuck home in quarantine. You don’t need to use all of these ideas, heck you don’t have to use any of them. But do something. Start something. Be proactive and make the most of your time. You’ll thank yourself for putting yourself in an ideal position once this is all over.
- CONTENT CREATION: Skilled content creators are thriving during these times. Content creation is needed by essentially all businesses and brands, now more than ever. This pandemic has revealed how important it is for brands to have an online presence. And for brands to successfully establish themselves as a leader in their industry online, they need to have quality content, consistently. If you have content creation skills, simply start by reaching out to your local businesses. If you don’t yet have these skills, then turn to YouTube to learn. I’d highly recommend crash course and tutorial videos on platforms such as Canva and Adobe Photoshop. You can learn these skills and put them into practice in a days time.
- WRITE A BOOK: I’ve talked to countless people over the past few months who have expressed interest in writing a book. For me, as many of you know, writing a book was a game changer. Simply put, it expedited my career and it helped me to gain credibility in my industry. The one complaint or excuse people have when it comes to writing a book is time. Now that you’re stuck home all day, you have the time needed to write a book! There’s no better time to write a book than now. Everyone is always busy. But for right now, I think it’s safe to say that we’re a lot less busy than we were a few weeks ago. If you’re serious about wanting to write a book, don’t hesitate to message me. Let’s make it happen!
- START A PODCAST: Podcasting has become such a great medium to connect, network, and learn from others through the internet. Since starting my own podcast, my friend Christian and I have been able to interview dozens of millionaire and billionaire entrepreneurs via Zoom video calls. Not only have we had the privilege of learning from ultra-successful people, but we’ve also been able to turn some of our past guests into clients of our media agency, Incubate Media. Now is the time to start podcasting. People feel isolated and alone. Everyone is looking for someone to talk to about the current happenings in the world. Download anchor.fm on your phone to record these conversations so that you can later publish them as podcast episodes.
- BUILD AN ONLINE COURSE: The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a drastic effect on modern higher education. Colleges and universities are scrambling to save their semesters. Students are forced to move back home and will now rely on online education to finish out their courses for the semester. I’ve been saying this for the past year now, online education is the future, if it is done the right way. There are just so many benefits of learning online, such as ease of access and convenience. It’s also much cheaper. If you’re a professor, a trainer, a knowledge expert, or an authority in your niche, then I encourage you to explore the idea of building out your own online course. Again, there is a lot of fear and uncertainty in the world right now. People are looking for guidance. Better yet, people are willing to pay for this guidance. if you’re considering to build an online course, please message me, as this is my agency’s main area of expertise.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING: I saved this one for last because it is the easiest and most common way that people are using to generate cash flow. Affiliate marketing is simply using your own audience or marketing techniques to help sell someone else’s products or services. If you have a knack for marketing or for putting together effective email campaigns, paid ads, and copy, then this is for you. You don’t need much to start. Just find a product or service that you truly believe in and offer to sell it on behalf of that person in exchange for a commission fee of the purchase amount. For example, my agency is offering affiliate opportunities to anyone interested in helping to sell our online courses. Affiliates will receive a 15% payout of the final sale, which for online courses is typically anywhere from $100-500 in commission payout per sale.
It’s no secret, the recent worldwide outbreak of COVID-19 is taking its toll on our economy and small businesses. Although not ideal, this is what we have to deal with. This is life, and no matter what you hear on the news or from your friends, we’re going to make it through these tough times. And even better, we’ll come out stronger on the other side.
I hope that this article has provided you with some actionable ideas that will help you through these challenging times. I look forward to seeing how some of you go about implementing these ideas. I encourage you all to share. Share this post. Share your ideas. Share your knowledge. Share your time and resources. Pay it forward!