If you are like me, you cannot afford to stay where you are. It is time to break free of the chains of yesterday, the pains of regret and the pressures of fear and take action on your vision.
The defining moment
I reached a defining moment in my life this year. It was time for me to take action on my vision or shut up. I had talked and dreamed enough about my vision. It was time to take action and live it out. If I can be honest, it was long overdue.
I have wasted enough time, words and opportunities. Each day I do not live out my vision is another day that I cannot get back. I have read enough books and blogs, and listened to enough podcasts and sermons to empower me for the next 100 years. It is not the lack of information, but my lack of implementation.
I know I am not the only one. You may be in a similar situation. It is time to do something about it. It is time to make a serious choice. Are you going to live life as usual or are you going to live life differently?
It is not going to be easy
The lure of comfort is powerful. Pushing through the pressure to live out your vision presents danger. It requires doing something you have never done before, going in a different direction and moving without all the answers.
The negative thoughts will ring like a rock band at a concert. Every time you attempt to move forward, the decibels of negativity get louder. The closer you move toward the edge, the more complacency and stagnation will pull you back.
Your negative inner voice says, “What are you doing?” “Who will support you?” “You failed the last three times.” “You do not know the right people.” “You do not have the right education.” And the list goes on. Your negative inner voice will discourage and deflate you to the point that you stay stuck where you are.
You do not have to spend another second, minute, hour, day, week, month or year held hostage by fear, fatigue or frustration. Today you can experience everything that your life has to offer.
The journey will not be easy, but you can do it. Along the way you will need encouragement. In my journey to living out my vision, I get great inspiration and encouragement from quotes. I have hundreds of quotes that I read from daily. I want to give you 45 of my favorite quotes that will empower you to push through life’s pressure and live out your vision. You only have one life to live and you might as well live it in full effect.
1. “Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.” Judy Garland
2. “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Success comes from taking the hand you were dealt and using it to the very best of your ability.” Ty Boyd
4. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” Morris West
5. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.” Henry Ford
6. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Antonio Smith
7. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Nelson Mandela
8. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” Oprah Winfrey
9. “Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn’t be done.” Amelia Earhart
10. “You make a living by what you earn; you make a life by what you give.” Winston Churchill
pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the
opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill
12. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
13. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” Sidney Greenberg
14. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar
15. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” Dr. Denis Waitley
16. “I don’t fear failure. I fear succeeding at something that doesn’t matter.” Dan Erickson
17. “When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” George Washington Carver
18. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Dr. Maya Angelou
19. “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” Unknown
20. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” Jerry Rice
21. “The first step before anyone else in the world believes it is that you have to believe it.” Will Smith
22. “Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.” Unknown
23. “Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you.” Wil Rose
24. “It is better to look ahead & prepare than to look back & regret.” Jackie Joyner-Kersee
25. “The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It is not disgrace to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.” Benjamin E. Mays
26. “Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” James R. Cook
27. “I don’t fear the man who practiced 10,000 kicks one time. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times” Bruce Lee
28. “I failed my way to success.” Thomas Edison
29. “You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” Mary Morrissey
30. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” Les Brown
31. “Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it.” Brian Tracy
32. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
33. “Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.” Colin Powell
34. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” Muhammad Ali
35. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened up for us” Helen Keller
36. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers
37. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
38. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Martin Luther King Jr.
39. “Everybody can be great… because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” Martin Luther King Jr.
40. “The hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.” Andrew Bernstein
41. “One of the marks of successful people is that they are action-oriented. One of the marks of average people is that they are talk-oriented.” Brian Tracy
43. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
44. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” Mark Twain
45. “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.” Woodrow Wilson
Question: What quote gives you inspiration to
push through your life’s pressure? Leave a comment below.
If you want to achieve all your goals for 2018 and beyond faster than you ever thought possible then my FREE resource ‘Goals Matter!’ will help guide you in your journey.