I truly believe that even in the darkest of times, when we feel like we’ve reached the end of our rope – we can STILL find something to be grateful for! And more importantly, during those hard moments of struggle – is when we learn our most valuable lessons.
Next week I’ll be celebrating my birthday & since it’s been a while since my last blog post, I thought what better way to reflect on the last 41 years than by sharing some of my life lessons.
Here are some of the ones that stood out:
1. Sometimes it’s worth walking away from a lucrative career, if your hearts not in it anymore.
2. Gratitude is the polar opposite of fear. Focus on 3 things that you’re grateful for to change your state.
3. Be your own best doctor. Because sometimes the most reliable person you can count on is yourself!
4. It’s okay to say “no” if you don’t feel like doing something. Protect your energy and time.
5. Focus on one goal at a time as oppose to multi-tasking (i’m still working on this); you will feel less overwhelmed & more grounded.
6. You realize who your true friends are when you go through adversity.
7. If you’re only motivated by money, you’re in trouble!
8. What you learn in school, isn’t necessary the path you will take later on in life.
9. Always be kind! You never know what struggles someone is going through behind closed doors!
10. Give people the benefit of the doubt. People are doing the best that they can, with the resources they have available.
11. People LOVE the real you – so why try being like anyone else?
12. Always trust your gut – it knows the answer!
13. You can change the way you feel in a heart beat. You are NOT stuck.
14. Health before wealth. Period. Without your health, you can’t enjoy wealth.
15. Setting goals have become a lot less about controlling my results & instead, letting things unfold the way they’re meant to happen (way less stressful this way – wink, wink)!
16. Kids prefer the fun mom who doesn’t take life so seriously! Make ‘play’ an essential part to your everyday routine.
17. Never give so much importance to what other people are thinking about you. They are too busy worrying about their own lives.
18. Sometimes in order to cross that bridge towards fulfillment, you will have to ‘grow’ through some shit!
19. Don’t work so hard that you forget to enjoy life along the way. Spend just as much time with your family as you do at work #worklifebalance
20. However much courage you think you have; you are capable of MORE!
21. Your body has a miraculous way of healing, even after chronic illness!
22. Always stay true to yourself. Being any other way is exhausting!
23. Celebrate all your victory’s – they are all worthy, no matter how small and insignificant you may think any of them are!
24. Honour your feelings first. Don’t ‘should’ on yourself just because you feel obligated.
25. You can have it all and lose it the next day. Never take anything for granted.
26. Stay present. The only moment we have is NOW.
27. Treat your kids the way you want to be treated. And honour their feelings, the way you’d want someone to honour yours!
28. Broken sleep stimulates the adrenals to release stress hormones (& reaching burn out can be as harmful as PTSD). Quality sleep is essential.
29. It’s hard to feel amazing if you’re surrounding yourself with negative energy – this could be people, places and/or things.
30. Wifi is toxic to your health. Be mindful how much screen time you (& your kids) are using.
31. Pursuing your passions make you come alive. When was the last time you followed one of them?
32. Who you become will make you happy, not necessarily what you achieve.
33. Your thoughts create your feelings – choose wisely!
34. You can switch your mindset from ‘thinking’ home cooking is a waste of time, to looking at it as an act of self care for you and your family.
35. It’s okay to make mistakes. Many people believe being a perfectionist is holding themselves to a “high standard,” when really it’s the lowest ~ because no one’s perfect.
36. You can eat all the kale in the world but if your life is chaotic – your health will be in jeopardy!
37. Scheduling ‘nothing’ time will help you slow down in today’s busy world!
38. Letting go and forgiving others may be hard – but your inner peace is worth it!
39. Focus on your strengths and do work that aligns with what you’re naturally good at!
40. Everyone has fear. Despite what they may tell you.
41. No matter how hard things get, you’ll survive. And when you DO, you’ll have a new found appreciation for life.