Let’s face it, life can be pretty hectic.
So many things to do as you start your day that it leaves not much room to focus on what’s most important. You.
Every decision you make during the course of a day depends on you. When you feel your best your confidence sky rockets, people gravitate toward you, everything you do or say comes from a place of conviction, and success is assured.
Elevate your style and boost your confidence by following these simple styling tips:
1. When in doubt wear red. There will always be a shade of red that suits you. Find the right one for you.
2. A single piece of real jewelry can make all your other jewelry look better.
3. It’s what you leave off a dress that makes it smart.
4. Clever use of a decorative touch can transform a cheap-looking outfit into an expensive-looking one.
5. Shoes and accessories can make or break an outfit. Choose wisely.
6. When in doubt, it’s better to tone your accessories rather than match them to your outfit exactly.
7. Choose the right shade of lipstick that suits you. It will not matter how amazing your outfit is if the shade of lipstick you’re ￼￼￼￼wearing does not complement you.
8. Applying makeup and getting dressed first thing every morning is the best habit and an instant mood booster that helps you feel you’re ready for anything.
9. When choosing to tuck your blouses into pants and skirts, make sure they’re not so short that you cannot lift your arms without the blouse coming out of the waistband.
10. The older you are, the less heavy your makeup should look like, even though it may take you longer to apply. Some ￼makeup exaggerates the lines around the mouth and eyes. Steer clear of those.
￼11. Anything can happen on a foreign journey, so the more time you spend planning to look great the more prepared ￼you will be to face any situation.
￼12. You can be dressed in the most expensive and fashionable outfit but if you don’t move gracefully then you have lost that elegance you wish to achieve.
13. When wearing a dress or skirt that is lined make sure the lining does not spill out from under the hemline.
14. Halter necklines give an illusion of greater width and look fabulous on women with narrow shoulders.
15. Your daily must-haves on hand should include: moisturizer, lip balm, lipstick, light perfume, a contact lens case, toothpaste and toothbrush, a spray bottle of spring water, refreshing eye drops, eye cream, a comb and a small powder compact with mirror.
16. For a casual, layered blouson look, layer two shirts contrasting in color and texture.The inside shirt can be tucked in and the outside shirt tied at the ends in a loose knot.
￼￼￼￼17. A solid or boring dress can be dressed up with a beautiful print or paisley scarf to give it flair.
18. When selecting colors to wear, judge a hue by how it brings out your eyes, not your skin.
19. A shorter shirt or blouse that hits at or above your natural waistline makes your legs look longer.
20. Curl your eyelashes to open up your eyes.
￼￼21. A little natural shine on your face gives you a healthy glow and is more youthful than a powdered-down look.
22. Pumps with no straps anywhere help give the look of longer legs.
23. Straight skirts are more flattering when tapered in at the bottom.
24. Different fragrances can evoke different moods. They can lift you up or dampen your spirits.They can scream sexy or they can be keep people at bay.Test them to see how you feel before you invest.Your scent becomes your personality.
25. ￼To save money try shopping in young men’s department for denim shirts, sport blazers, rain slickers, pea jackets or down vests.
26. Before leaving the house or going into a meeting take a good look in a full-length mirror to make sure your appearance is perfect.This will help you feel confident.
27. Your posture and body language are as important as your clothes to allow your personal charm to show through.
28. The most aging behavior is a tired walk.
29. Always keep a pair of black pumps, with the highest heels you feel comfortable wearing, in your car or at your office for unexpected evening dates.
￼30. Investing in one single expensive and elegant scarf that makes a statement and looks great with almost everything in your wardrobe, is a whole lot better than buying a drawer full of scarves that look mediocre.
31. ￼￼￼￼￼￼A new hair style, a new hair color or even a new lipstick color can affect the way you feel in the pieces of clothing you already own. One little change can lift your mood and boost your confidence.
© Rani St. Pucchi, 2017
Rani St. Pucchi is an award-winning Couture Fashion Designer, a Style & Image Consultant, and a Relationship Expert. She is a Bestselling Author, a Speaker, an Inspirational Coach and a Trainer. Her #1 International Bestselling Books, Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips on Dressing to Flatter Your Body Type and The SoulMate Checklist : Keys to Finding Your Perfect Partner are now available on Amazon and at Barnes & Nobles.
For more information on Rani please visit www.ranistpucchi.com