1. You should eat nuts regularly because doing so has been associated with a reduction in heart disease. Get your nuts fresh and make sure they are not rancid or exposed to open air for long periods of time
2. Selenium is a fantastic antioxidant and anti-cancer agent. You can get a great dose of selenium from eating Brazil nuts.
3. If you soak nuts in pure water overnight they will be much easier to digest. Alternatively, toast them in the oven and enjoy an oil-free treat.
4. Fiber is important in protecting against cancers and controlling your blood sugar levels, and can help you if you’re trying to lose weight. Get tons of fibre from bran, vegetables and whole-grain bread, as well as oats, fruit, legumes and barley. Also check out our favorite fat burning foods.
5. Deep breathing cancels out stress – take several deep breaths during the day. Expand your diaphragm and inhale slowly, expanding your chest. Slowly release the air. Do this several times a day.
6. Get a pet – it’s been shown that having an animal companion lowers your blood pressure and gives you a sense of well-being. This means you’ll live longer and decrease your risk of a heart attack.
7. Go for a walk before you have dinner – this raises your metabolic rate so that you get an instant rush of feel good brain chemicals.
8. Don’t eat too late in the evening. If you go to bed with a stomach full of food it will result in sleep disturbances and a difficulty to burn fat.
9. Eat protein early in the day – this will give you more energy during the day and reduce mid morning cravings.
10. Remember to rinse your fruit and vegetables under a tap to wash away insecticides and other toxins.
11. Add variety to your salads by including olives – these are full of mono-unsaturated fats that are good for your heart.
12. Stretching after exercise is much better than stretching before. Imagine the damage you would do if you tried to stretch a cold elastic band.
13. Go green and eat wheatgrass, barley or green magma every day. These foods contain great enzymes and nutrients and help to regulate the pH of your diet.
14. Spices are great antioxidants – and add great flavour to food.
15. Get enough sleep! There’s time for work, play and rest – find a balance and don’t overdo any of it. Remember to enjoy quiet time every day.
16. Go to bed early – it’s better, according to sleep experts, to go to bed earlier than to sleep in late.
17. Love someone. It will have a positive effect on your health and the health of the person you love.
18. Keep your promises – whether you make them to yourself or to other people.
19. Spend some time each day day dreaming – this will help you replenish those parts of yourself that need it.
20. Add variety to your fitness routine. Keeping things fresh gives new challenges to your body.
21. Keep a diary of what you eat so that you are more mindful of what you put in your mouth.
22. Don’t starve yourself between meals – eat healthy snacks throughout the day to avoid overeating at meal times.
23. Drink lots of water. Don’t wait until you are thirsty before you grab a glass of water. Sip throughout the day.
24. Eat as follows throughout the day: for breakfast eat like a king, for lunch eat like a prince and for dinner eat like a pauper. This way your eating habits will be more in line with natural rhythms and you will avoid putting on weight.
25. Do weight training twice a week or more to keep in shape and tone your muscles. Muscle building keeps your metabolic rate high and helps you burn fat.
26. Follow the seasons and have cool, light food in summer and warm, heavier food in winter.
27. When exercising make it easy to win to ensure you remain encouraged to continue exercising.
28. Manage your stress levels in order to lose weight. Stress hormones causes overeating and hormonal imbalances.
29. Take note of what you eat. Pay attention so that you don’t subconsciously stuff your face. Don’t eat while watching TV.
This article was originally published on https://www.flatbellybible.com