Christmas is here, and it`s family time.
Being surrounded by the people you love is a gift and a very important source of happiness. This closeness you feel can improve your life, and even health. Hugs, for instance, have shown so many benefits like; reducing stress, reducing the chance of getting sick, reducing fear and boost the heart health, and increasing happiness.
According to a huge, 1995 survey, the availability of personal resources such as friends and family are nine times more important to happiness than the availability of material resources such as cars and money in the bank.
And since we mentioned money, this study have found that someone who sees their friends and family less than once a month needs to make an extra $78,894 a year to be as just satisfied with life and those who see their family/friends on most days.
“Contrary to the belief that happiness is hard to explain, or that it depends on having great wealth, researchers have identified the core factors in a happy life. The primary components are number of friends, closeness of friends, closeness of family, and relationships with co-workers and neighbors. Together these features explain about 70 percent of personal happiness.” Writes David Niven in The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It.
So, below are 27 quotes that you can use on Christmas cards. Here they are:
- “We are happy when we have family, we are happy when we have friends and almost all the other things we think make us happy are actually just ways of getting more family and friends.” – Daniel Gilbert
- “Peace is the togetherness of a family.” – Menachem Begin
- “Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever.” – Joel Osteen
- “What I like about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with the present.”- Don Marquis
- “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” – Norman W. Brooks
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city :d” – George Burns
- “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – David Ogden Stiers
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
- “For it is in giving that we receive.” – Francis of Assisi
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Pindar
- “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” – David Cameron
- “Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.” – Gary Allan
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.”- Victor Borge
- “Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days.” – Charles Dickens
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
- “You go through life wondering what is it all about but at the end of the day it’s all about family.” – Rod Stewart
- “Family always gonna be there. The material things, they come and go. – Romeo Miller
- “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family.” – Jose Carreras
- “Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.” – Anonymous
- “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca
- “Christmas is a time when you get homesick even when you’re home.” – Carol Nelson
- “Happiness is being content with what you have, living in freedom and liberty, having a good family life and good friends.” – Divyanka Tripathi
- “You need a really solid foundation of friends and family to keep you where you need to be.” – Lilly Singh
- “Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.” – Andre Maurois
- “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” – Ann Garnett Schultz