As I reflect on being alive the last 25 years, below are some of the life lessons I have learned.
The lessons are short and straightforward with no explanation — I did this intentionally. However, I strongly believe that we are the author to our respective life stories, so some of these lessons might not make sense to you now, but in due time they will.
1) The grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence.
2) Always be hustling for what you want.
3) Don’t be afraid to ask for help; don’t be afraid to help others.
4) Give thanks more often.
5) Travel more than you think you should.
6) Time is your most valuable asset, invest it intentionally.
7) You don’t need a title to be a leader.
8) Give more than you take.
9) Take time to respond, don’t react immediately.
10) Never settle for less than you know you deserve.
11) The little things you do add up to have a big impact.
12) Doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest thing to do.
13) Learn from your successes and failures.
14) Unplug from electronics and connect with those around you.
15) Sleep as your body requests for it; Your future self will thank you.
16) Help others with your time and resources as you are able to.
17) There is no shortcut to success.
18) Never give up.
19) Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
20) Don’t forget where you came from and who helped you get to where you are.
21) Be consistent in your actions and words.
22) Try something new each day.
23) Begin with the end in mind and work backwards.
24) Everything happens for a reason; sometimes you won’t know what the reason is until later on in life.
25) Be the best version of yourself everyday.
Follow Justin Johnson on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JustinJohnsonTX
Follow Justin Johnson on Instagram: @jjohnsontx
Originally published at www.huffingtonpost.com on April 13, 2016.
Originally published at medium.com