The Dalai Lama tells us, “The point of life is happiness.”
Make 2020 the year of empowerment and happiness for yourself. 2020 is the year where you commit to improving your life by taking back your power. It’s time to begin to live the life you were meant to love.
When we talk about power, we aren’t talking about a force to get your way; nor are we talking about money, status, or possessions. Personal power is your confidence, strength, and feelings of competence. When one has personal power, they strive for satisfaction and meaning in their life, self-assertion, and a desire for healthy, loving relationships.
In 2019 you may have faced many challenges and dark times. You may have found yourself asking, “How did I get here?” Let 2020 be the year you empower yourself to live the life you have always dreamed of; the life you were meant to love.
Living an empowered life begins with you. You can take charge of your life by living with a sense of strength and confidence. Perhaps you feel like you have lost yourself through your relationship with a significant other, or working too much, and not spending enough time on yourself. If you are in a relationship that is toxic and painful for you, it’s time to take back control and move into a happier life.
The journey into self-empowerment and healing requires us to change our thoughts towards our relationships and ourselves. It’s time, to be honest, and speak the truth, as painful as that may be. But know that there are people who will listen and believe you. Only by sharing our truth can we take back our power and heal ourselves.
Here are six truths to help you take back your power and help you on your journey:
- Self-awareness: This is the first step in healing and recovering from a toxic relationship. Self-awareness is all about understanding your own needs, desires, and feelings, and having a clear perception of your character.
- Self-compassion: Practicing self-compassion through loving-kindness towards the self, will strengthen self-awareness. Self-compassion will provide you with the ability to identify the wise non-judgmental voice in your head, instead of connecting to the angry, critical voice in your head.
- Self-love: This will take you into the most significant relationship of your life. Through self-love, you can liberate yourself from the negative, critical voice in your head and begin to love and care for yourself from a place of kindness and compassion.
- Feel your emotions: Feeling our feelings is the key to self-enlightenment. Many times our minds torment us with thoughts of guilt, shame, and self-loathing. When we can accept these thoughts in the moment, this will allow us to detach and understand they are not truths.
- Supportive network: Having good friends or family members who we trust and can confide in will help us on our journey. These people should embody unconditional love, and they are never judgmental.
- Develop your inner spirit: Developing your inner vision through mindful meditation and movement can bring serenity, happiness, and provide a strong foundation enhancing all aspects of your life.
Empowering yourself is what can help you make the best decisions in how you want to live your life. Knowing who you are and what you want is the key to unlocking your true happiness and living a life full of peace and joy. You are full of potential for the future, and emotional freedom and happiness are waiting on the other side.
Letting go of past traumatic life events can also help you to let go of any emotional suffering and move into the here and now. The memories will always be with you, but if you know and understand that’s the past, you can begin to heal and move forward to a happy, inspired life.