For some people being an employee is just not in the cards. Some of us are just destined to be entrepreneurs. From the time they graduate school or even before that, they’re determined to start and grow a successful business.
Starting a digital marketing agency may be their best option. There are no fancy degrees or pre-requisites required, all you need to do is acquire a skill like doing simple social media ads or copywriting, package that skill, and sell it as a service for businesses.
Although starting a business can be extremely scary and overwhelming, let’s not forget about all the benefits that go along with it:
1. Be Your Own Boss. You are in charge and get to set all the rules for your business.
2. Work Within Your Passion. You can work with whatever niche you’re passionate about.
3. Flexibility. Set your own work hours.
4. Create Jobs. You can make a positive impact on the economy with new job opportunities.
5. Make More Money. You are in complete control of how much money you make. The harder you work the more money you make.
6. Financial Freedom. You will be signing your own paychecks.
7. Create Your Own Culture. You get to create the environment of your organization.
8. Delegate. You can delegate tasks you’re not necessarily good at so you can focus your time and effort on the things you are good at.
9. Build Your Team. You are in complete control over who you hire and bring into your business.
10. Work From Anywhere. When running your own digital marketing agency all you need is a laptop and Internet access. This lets you work from anywhere in the world.
11. Acquire New Skills. You’re going to learn marketing skills that can help generate you income for a lifetime.
12. Have The Freedom For Multiple Ventures. Digital Marketing Agencies are a great source of monthly cash flow. Once you’re up and running you will have the ability to leverage your agency to start new ventures.
13. Build Your Personal Brand. You can start earning authority within your niche and become the go-to agency in your industry.
14. No More Commute. You can operate your agency from your home, or an office closer to your home.
15. Become A Coach Or Mentor. You can take your own knowledge of starting and growing your agency and teach others how to do the same.
16. Spend More Time With Your Family. If you build your agency the right way, it will allow you to spend more time with your family and most importantly give you the choice of WHEN you want to spend time with your family.
17. Focus On Your Strengths Outsource The Rest. If you’re good at sales, then focus on sales and outsource your fulfillment. If you’re good at paid advertising and fulfillment then focus on that and outsource appointment setters and sales reps to handle your cold calling and sales.
18. Improve Your Industry. Drive your industry or niche forward with new ideas and marketing strategies.
19. Tax Benefits. You can write off some of your largest expenses related to your business. (Please consult a professional accountant before writing off anything.)
20. Live Life On Your Own Terms. As a business owner, you are in control of your financial destiny and there’s no better feeling than being 100% in control of the outcome of you and your families future.
There’s nothing stopping you from being an entrepreneur and starting your own online marketing agency. Of course, there’s going to be risks, but you’re also running the risk every day of going to a job that you hate that would replace you in a second.
Start with working on acquiring one marketing skill, whether that’s paid advertising, social media marketing, copywriting, or SEO to name a few. Then find businesses that are in need of your services, sell them on the benefits of using your service, and how you can help solve their problems. It’s as simple as that.
Now get out there and take action. The life you dream about is closer than you think.