I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for some good motivational quotes.
You can look on my social media, on my phone, or just on the walls in my house and see that it’s true.
I mean, there’s just something so uplifting and inspiring about some strong powerful words during tough times.
And clearly I’m not alone on this one, because #motivationalquotes has been used in 24.7 million posts on Instagram.
So, since we’re all clearly equally ecstatic about great motivational quotes, and since we’re definitely in what I would consider to be “tough times,” I want to share with you my top 20 go-to motivational quotes.
Keep reading to check ‘em out.
20 motivational quotes to inspire you
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Fall seven times, get back up eight.” – Japanese proverb
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Ghandi
- “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
- “The first step to getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” J.P. Morgan
- “In order to kick ass, you must first lift your foot.” – Jen Sincero
- “No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
- “You have the chance, every single morning, to make that change, and be the person you want to be.” – Brendon Burchard
- “It’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you’re not.” – Ed Mylett
- “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it’s going on when you don’t have the strength.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
- “Your life is what your thoughts make it.” – Confucius
- “Never be ashamed about being broken, because strength is nothing but pain that’s been repaired.” – Trent Shelton
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Don’t worry about failures. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
There you have it, 20 of my favorite motivational quotes.
Which quotes would you add to the list? Drop them in the comments below.