Professor Carol Dweck’s theory of Growth mindset has created a new formula for success. Growth mindset is all about persevering when the going gets tough and turning failure into useable information. Developing a growth mindset will teach you to embrace failure and find new ways of succeeding. Think of it as a new super power for your brain. We’ve got 20 Inspirational Growth Mindset Quotes That Will Change Your Life.
Why intelligence is not enough
Carol Dweck’s growth mindset emphasises how intelligence alone just isn’t enough. It’s what we do with it that’s important.
1. It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. – Albert Einstein
2. No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. – Voltaire
3. A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it. – Ray Davis
Don’t Give Up
It’s so easy to throw in the towel when things get tricky. Growth mindset is all about recognising that those bumps in the road are part of the learning process. It’s normal and very much the terrain towards success.
4. If you are facing a new challenge or being asked to do something that you have never done before don’t be afraid to step out. You have more capability than you think you do but you will never see it unless you place a demand on yourself for more. – Joyce Meyer
5. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
6. Success is not an accident, success is a choice. – Stephen Curry
7. The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. – Harry Golden
Think of failure as data. It’s information that you can use next time to develop and grow. Yes, we know failure hurts (for everyone) and that sinking feeling is universal. Grab your growth mindset and get back in the saddle with these growth mindset quotes to keep you on track after a disappointment.
8. Failure is so important. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. – J.K. Rowling
9. Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. – Sherman Finesilver
10. Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’ – Audrey Hepburn
11.A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
12. Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance. Samuel Johnson
13. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. – Thomas Edison
Growth mindset is all about effort. It’s the hallmark of a fixed mindset to expect things to be easy. Success demands working hard, learning from failure and refining your performance as you walk that road.
14. Don’t tell me how talented you are. Tell me how hard you work. Artur Rubenstein
15. There is no failure. Only feedback. – Robert Allen
16. Dreams don’t work unless you do. John C. Maxwell
17. Effort is grossly underrated. – Gary Vaynerchuk
The Road to Success
A growth mindset acknowledges that success doesn’t come easily, it takes, time, effort and grit. When you feel like giving up and you need a little extra oomph these inspirational growth mindset quotes will help you to keep going.
18. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. Thomas Watson
19. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
20. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. Confucius
Want to know more? Take a look at our 100% FREE Growth Mindset Toolkit
We ‘ve worked with thousands of people and Fortune 500 companies to help them develop a growth mindset. We run growth mindset at work training courses, positive psychology training courses and positive psychology coaching. Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Originally published at positivechangeguru.com